• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

University Experience/Attendence Questions

Nightshade

SOC-12
Peer of the Realm
Okay, so a character that has all the proper qualifications starts in a Core class and can then, if admitted, attend University for a bachelors.

At the end of the degree, the experience gained while attending University is applied to that Core class. Skills and Feats are taken in the chosen Core Class.

Does University attendence count as a Term for mustering out benefits in the Core class?

I assume someone is collecting answers from the forums to produce a FAQ, yes?

I would say no...but maybe someonelse has a better idea. it would be cool if it could apply to any multi-class. ie start a character in say the marines and send her to 'officer school' (university) get a degree but level up in the marines. shrug... I donno I guess.

Originally posted by Nightshade:
Okay, so a character that has all the proper qualifications starts in a Core class and can then, if admitted, attend University for a bachelors.

At the end of the degree, the experience gained while attending University is applied to that Core class. Skills and Feats are taken in the chosen Core Class.

Does University attendence count as a Term for mustering out benefits in the Core class?

I assume someone is collecting answers from the forums to produce a FAQ, yes?
No it does not count as a term for mustering out benefit determination.

Hunter

Related question. I see that there are no Service Academies (yet). I assume that someone in the Naval Aademy, for example, should attend University and OTC. Would such a character take the levels they earn in school as Navy levels?

Suggestion: service-specific Prior History elements like academies would make nice additions to the relevant Traveller's Aide volumes. A TA on the Imperial Navy could have Prior History items for the Naval Academy, Flight School, and maybe even some specialized service schools like Command and Staff College. (The US Navy's Naval Postgraduate School gives Master's Degrees, for instance)

Back