• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

TL 8 ATV Wheeled

Oh yeah, that'd get ya through rush hour traffic too
file_23.gif

Father Fletch, Uncle Bob, Far trader!!!!
We were discussing such a thing on Lonestar chat this sunday! EaK showed us her maximog!!! GMTA.. :D :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
We were discussing such a thing on Lonestar chat this sunday! EaK showed us her maximog!!!
I've never heard it called that before...

Looking at the way it's kitted out it is nice, but I still prefer the extra room a 8x8 like Far Trader's gives you. Or, being paranoid, the "accessories" on mine.

Great Styryx's Cloak!!

wheels... wheels... wheels...

You Solomani Barbarians certainly don't let sloppy technology fall away to obsolescence easily...

There's a little invention called the Grav Vehicle that I'd like to clue you into... you know the ones, the type that drop TDX on things with wheels, what?

I must admit that I am fascinated by the preoccupation with primitive means among the rabble... eh, citizenry... of our Illustrious Imperium... It is most quaint to those of us that live in Tech Level F, what?

Originally posted by Uncle Bob:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
We were discussing such a thing on Lonestar chat this sunday! EaK showed us her maximog!!!
I've never heard it called that before...

Looking at the way it's kitted out it is nice, but I still prefer the extra room a 8x8 like Far Trader's gives you. Or, being paranoid, the "accessories" on mine.
</font>[/QUOTE]+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
While I applaud the former USSR (now Federation of Russia) their commercial success, it still looks like a PBR-60 or 70 APC sans turret, though the color is certainly fetching-
file_21.gif

I like the MAxiMOG's computers (4 of them), and its a neat 10dtn design, so ya can get it, and the trailer into a modular cutter's hold with 9dtns spare room! besides.. the accessories for MAXIMOG are cool too- the dirt bike, the speed boat, and yer own UAV..(well, ya know if money was NO option lads.. ;) ).
Only thing I see advantageous for the GAZ is she appears amphibious (that old Soviet sloped boat shaped prow)., and I'm shure with enough yankee dollars, ya could get a DshK 12.7 or 14.5mm HMG added gratis!
file_23.gif

These are both interesting examples, but perhaps "Wheeled ATV" can be interpreted more 'loosely'? ;)

NASA Tumbleweed

Short range, high-efficiency, and remotely operated, it would be an incredibly efficient way to move loads on world with reasonable winds and relatively open terrain.

Then, of course, if you want something a little more versatile, very TL 8, and very Canadian, try this:

Tundra Buggy

Designed to keep all the soft, tasty people inside, and the big, nasty, hungry things (like polar bears) outside. Now imagine replacing the bus body with something more like a mobile lab or mobile home.

Paul Nemeth
AA

While I applaud the former USSR (now Federation of Russia) their commercial success, it still looks like a PBR-60 or 70 APC sans turret, though the color is certainly fetching-
It is a BTR-80 with windows. Mine is from the same catalog and still has the turret with KPV 14.5mm MG.

And Baron, I prefer grav vehicles myself, but that wasn't the topic.

Thanks Uncle Bob! the windows do make it less of a sweat box looking ATV, one (myself) must admit.
and thank you for the nomenclature correction!(hats off to you again!)

as ever was,
Slainte!

I like the MAxiMOG's computers (4 of them), and its a neat 10dtn design...
Gotta disagree with you here Liam. By my estimate its just under 3dT from the stats on the page. At about 6.2m long x 2.0m wide x 3.0m tall (I wonder how prone to roll over it is with that stance) I make it about 2.75dT (@13.5m3/dT). And that doesn't look like it includes the roof rack and such on top, or the guy in the picture is very short.

I think I had the GAZ pegged at about 12m long x 3m wide and 3m high, about 8dT (@13.5m3/dT) but can't recall for sure or find the stats now.

Far Trader!!!!!!!!!
Bless you! Its even more compact than I thought (kicks calculator away!) YAHHHHHHHHOOOOOO!
(does the happy heretic dance!)

3dtns? really! WOW! and then add the trailer...YOWZA! Kewlness... :D :cool:

Antares Admin(Paul),
Not withstanding the TL-8, and canadian built (hey its on this continent! whoo Hoo!), but I can definitely see it being used as a colony mass transit vehicle at the very least "AS IS".
Yer right, with some tinkering, it could be more.
keep us posted, willya?

Slainte!

Baron Saarthuran:

Not all Solomani barbarians are into wheels...
...some of us are into halftracks!

When do we get to see a halftrack design folks?

d'ye mean the WW2 Kettenkrad wire laying vehicle (motorcycle wheeled front, tracked main drive train)? Those were neat wee things (fer TL-5/6)...

Indeed, Good Liam. A Schwimwagen wouldn't be too bad to have either... Or one of those six wheeled Limos. Those bloodthirsty bounders sure did make some nice equipment... I wonder if Ling Standard Products makes a "retro" ME 262... hmmm.

omega.gif

Back