• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Solomani Ships Converted to T20

LcKedovan

SOC-12
Hi All,

To carry on with my conversions in the style of my Aslan and Vargr threads here is a Solomani coversion, the Solomani Fleet Courier. I will be following up with a conversion of the Solomani "Sundowner" Class Free Trader next.

Sorry for taking so long in getting more out, but I have been Travelling for the past 1.5 years pretty much non stop, finally things are bit quiet ;) . Enjoy!

I hope to eventually "re-convert" these into Falkayn's sheet once some things are cleared up with him. Cheers,

-Will aka Udaphaeg Vhargh

Solomani Marathon Class Fleet Courier

Ship: Solomani
Class: Marathon
Type: Fleet Courier
Architect: Udaphaeg Vhargh
Tech Level: 14

USP
SX-2133361-000000-00003-0 MCr 165.582 200 Tons
Bat Bear 1 Crew: 8
Bat 1 TL: 14

Cargo: 16.100 Fuel: 66 EP: 13 Agility: 0
Craft: 1 x 20T Launch
Fuel Treatment: Fuel Scoops

Architects Fee: MCr 1.557 Cost in Quantity: MCr 134.434

Detailed Description
(T20 Design)

HULL
200.000 tons standard, 2,800.000 cubic meters, Needle/Wedge Configuration, 100.000 Structure Points

CREW
Pilot, 2 Engineers, Medic, Gunner, 2 Flight Crew, 1 Other Crew

ENGINEERING
Jump-3, 3G Manuever, 13.000 Ton Power Plant, 13.000 EP, Agility 0

AVIONICS
Bridge, Model/6 Computer, Model/2 Flight Avionics, Model/5 Sensors, Model/5 Maser Communications

HARDPOINTS
2 Hardpoints

ARMAMENT
2 Dual Missile Turrets organised into 1 Battery (Factor-3)

DEFENCES
None

CRAFT
1 20.000 ton Launch (Crew of 2, Cost of MCr 9.842)

FUEL
66 Tons Fuel (3 parsecs jump and 28 days endurance)
On Board Fuel Scoops, No Fuel Purification Plant

MISCELLANEOUS
7 Staterooms, 16.100 Tons Cargo

USER DEFINED COMPONENTS
None

COST
MCr 157.297 Singly (incl. Architects fees of MCr 1.557), MCr 124.592 in Quantity, plus MCr 9.842 of Carried Craft (Hardpoints and Turrets charged)

CONSTRUCTION TIME
57 Weeks Singly, 46 Weeks in Quantity

COMMENTS
The Solomani Navy uses the fleet courier to carry orders and news between task forces and their headquarters. Sol-Sec uses it to forward compiled reports to Party officials.

Solomani Sundowner Class Free Trader

Ship: Solomani
Class: Sundowner
Type: Free Trader
Architect: Udaphaeg Vhargh
Tech Level: 14

USP
SA-4122241-000000-00000-0 MCr 197.700 400 Tons
Bat Bear Crew: 5
Bat TL: 14

Cargo: 176.800 Fuel: 92 EP: 18 Agility: 1
Fuel Treatment: Fuel Scoops

Architects Fee: MCr 1.977 Cost in Quantity: MCr 158.160

Detailed Description
(T20 Design)

HULL
400.000 tons standard, 5,600.000 cubic meters, Needle/Wedge Configuration, 100.000 Structure

CREW
Pilot, Navigator, 2 Engineers, Medic

ENGINEERING
Jump-2, 2G Manuever, 18.000 Ton Power Plant, 18.000 EP, Agility 1

AVIONICS
Bridge, Model/4 Computer, Model/2 Flight Avionics, Model/4 Sensors, Model/4 Communications

HARDPOINTS

ARMAMENT
None

DEFENCES
None

CRAFT
None

FUEL
92 Tons Fuel (2 parsecs jump and 28 days endurance)
On Board Fuel Scoops, No Fuel Purification Plant

MISCELLANEOUS
13 Staterooms, 176.800 Tons Cargo

USER DEFINED COMPONENTS
None

COST
MCr 199.677 Singly (incl. Architects fees of MCr 1.977), MCr 158.160 in Quantity (Hardpoints

and Turrets charged)

CONSTRUCTION TIME
82 Weeks Singly, 65 Weeks in Quantity

COMMENTS
The Sundowner-class free trader carries cargo and passengers between the member-states and solitary worlds of the Confederation.

Have you noticed that the illustrations of the Sundowner show a flattened sphere and yet the config given in Solomani and Aslan is 1SL?
Odd.

Not to be a wet blanket but there are a couple problems right off, minor really...

First (and possibly all, I've only glanced really) in T20 the model/# for subsystems of the Main Computer (i.e. avionics, sensors, and communications) may not exceed the model/# of the Main Computer. And when noting special adavanced communications (i.e. maser and meson) it is important to be clear that the model/# refers to the level of performance and not the base (for eg. a model/7 maser comm is a base model/8 comm system for purposes of allowed model/# and size and cost modifier). I've not checked your math to see if that is factored but given the minor oversight on the model/# requirements I thought I'd mention it.

Other than that, at a quick glance, nicely done. The only other minor issue is it's not how I would have "translated" the classics to T20 (note the differences), but variety is good
Please do continue.

Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
Have you noticed that the illustrations of the Sundowner show a flattened sphere and yet the config given in Solomani and Aslan is 1SL?
Odd.
Well the classic illustration of the Type SA is a flattened sphere but I'm not privy to the details in Rats and Cats so I can't speak to it. I was under the impression from TNE that the Sundowner was a version of the classic Type A Beowulf though (200T).

Originally posted by far-trader:
Not to be a wet blanket but there are a couple problems right off, minor really...

First (and possibly all, I've only glanced really) in T20 the model/# for subsystems of the Main Computer (i.e. avionics, sensors, and communications) may not exceed the model/# of the Main Computer. And when noting special adavanced communications (i.e. maser and meson) it is important to be clear that the model/# refers to the level of performance and not the base (for eg. a model/7 maser comm is a base model/8 comm system for purposes of allowed model/# and size and cost modifier). I've not checked your math to see if that is factored but given the minor oversight on the model/# requirements I thought I'd mention it.

Other than that, at a quick glance, nicely done. The only other minor issue is it's not how I would have "translated" the classics to T20 (note the differences), but variety is good
Please do continue.
WHOOPS! Misread the computer section... been a year and a half since I tried my hand at this so *blush*
. I should have re-read the /bis section where it is a bit more clear. That and I wasn't checking out the table but using HGS to help ease the burden a bit.

No fear of being a wet blanket, corrections and feedback always welcome.

I'll fix these right up! Just trying to decide if I should just pump up the computer, or lower the others (or meet half-way)... Suggestions?

On another note, what would you have done differently?

-W.

Originally posted by far-trader:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
Odd.
Well the classic illustration of the Type SA is a flattened sphere but I'm not privy to the details in Rats and Cats so I can't speak to it. I was under the impression from TNE that the Sundowner was a version of the classic Type A Beowulf though (200T). </font>[/QUOTE]It's kindof a wedgy-flattened-sphere :D

-W.

The CT version carries a 20t launch (missing from the MT version I think) and has a 160t cargo hold.
The GT version (renamed the Adam Smith class to avoid DGP copyright I imagine) also includes the 20t small craft and has a smaller cargo hold.

I would stick the launch back in to maintain consistancy with the other versions of Traveller.

Oh, and you can get away with model 1 avionics in a 400t ship, and flattened sphere configuration would make the ship cheaper by 20 MCr ;)

What Sigg said mostly. As well as model 1/bis computer and lower TL (if possible). The CT version could be done as TL9 but I find the closest I seem to get for T20 with many designs (due to differences in power mostly) is TL13. Also the CT version only had 2 hardpoints but those sneaky Sols are always adding fixed mounts* to up-gun when needed
file_22.gif

* fleet scuttlebutt is this little T20 rules addition may be included in an upcoming TA ;)

Ok... so I am SOOOOOO glad I went out and drank several beers, shots and other deviously hideous drinks at my local Lone Star.....

So judging from the responses....plus keeping with my interpretation of the only material I have handy..... I'll be dropping the sensor and comm levels somewhat and adding a 20t Launch... I think then it keeps the best of all worlds... errr. or something. :D

-Will aka Udaphaeg Vhargh

Hey, like I said variety is good. This could be the high tech merchant navilized version of the classic type SA. Better gear and all but close enough to pass as the same class, more's the fun...

"Looks like just another Sol trader, let's take 'em mates, run The Flaming Eye across the hull grid and fire a shot across the bow."

...excerpt from the data recorder recovered from the wreckage of the pirate ship Desperate Deeds.

Originally posted by LcKedovan:
Just trying to decide if I should just pump up the computer, or lower the others (or meet half-way)... Suggestions?

As per my suggestion above about this being a different version I'd say meet in the middle, somewhere in the 3 to 5 range should be good, aim to keep some power for agility or weapons of course. Or go to TL15 for lots of power or to fit in the lost cargo tonnage and launch might be the ticket too. Just tossing out ideas

Back