• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Japanese Traveller Pictures

imperium.jpg

Flagsmall.GIF

Concidence?

So here is a quest for all you Manga/Traveller fans out there. Many years ago I happend to see some TRPG (What they call Pen and Paper RPG's in Japan) magazines that had traveller art in them. There were Shojo and Shojin style pictures of Vargr, Air/Rafts, Free Traders, Far Traders, battle dress, etc. As far as I can tell this stuff is even rarer than DGP Rats and Cats. Have any of you found any on the net? Any keen links? Any scanned art for us to drool over?
Please?

Originally posted by FlightCommanderSolitude:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />...some Japanese Traveller art...
If you go to this web page by the artist, you can see some more. I like this stuff! </font>[/QUOTE]You can always trust the Japanese to take some dull (or just ugly) western tech and turn it into something beautiful :D

Hello
I am translator of Traveller Japanese edition.
The art of Japanese edition is glad to be like extreme popularity.
When I will also like this artist's picture and would have this artist draw on the art of Japanese editon, I had decided.
This artist has designed the powered suit of Starship Troopers etc., and is a very famous person in Japan.

Originally posted by Kaizer:
Hello
When I will also like this artist's picture and would have this artist draw on the art of Japanese editon, I had decided.
This artist has designed the powered suit of Starship Troopers etc., and is a very famous person in Japan.
Hi Kaizer!

Excellent! I did not realize it was you that did the translation on the CT material. Glad to see you back!

Hunter

Kaiser:

These renditions of classic Traveller covers are beautiful. When I tried contacting Hobby Japan, I found that they are long out of print (as I was interested in acquiring the Hard Times & first image (CT BBB?)

Is there any chance that the artist would grace the covers of T20 or is his work tied into Hobby Japan's effort?

Last question, why are all the characters West Asian (ie. European)? Traveller literally embraces the whole universe and yet even in "foreign" editions (partial exception is the German) retains the same look. T20 & GT have made significant heyway in changing perception but with all the great role models out there, why isn't Traveller more diverse?

Originally posted by hunter:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kaizer:
Hello
Hi Kaizer!

Excellent! I did not realize it was you that did the translation on the CT material. Glad to see you back!

Hunter
</font>[/QUOTE]Hi Hunter. I'm grad to see ya! :D

Didn't I teach that I organized the company by ICQ? :confused:

I have not given up Japanese-ization of GRiP and T20 yet.
file_23.gif

However, since I am too busy with translation of CT, I will be now impossible for the time being. :(

Originally posted by Tanuki:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kaizer:
Jibun no gyararii no koto wo iimasen deshita, ne. :cool:

You didn't mention your own gallery: http://www.tokyobbs.or.jp/~kaizer/g_index.html

And the rest of you: check out the Japanese Traveller covers at http://members.at.infoseek.co.jp/poppo_plan/trvl-idx.htm See the bottom of the page. There are a couple of pop-ups -- just kill them.
</font>[/QUOTE]Since it is poor at my picture, if I am seen, I am shameful.
Please do not compare with Mr. Naoyuki Katoh.

It seems that it is unauthorized and has carried although it is the site of "http://members.at.infoseek.co.jp/poppo_plan/trvl-idx.htm." :(

Originally posted by Tanuki:
Kaizer, have you considered making "Shipyard" available in English?
Do you want "Shipyard" English edition?
I think that I will make.
However, I do not almost have free time. :(

Please pray that "Shipyard" English edition is completed some day. ;)

Originally posted by kafka47:
Kaiser:

Is there any chance that the artist would grace the covers of T20 or is his work tied into Hobby Japan's effort?

Last question, why are all the characters West Asian (ie. European)? Traveller literally embraces the whole universe and yet even in "foreign" editions (partial exception is the German) retains the same look. T20 & GT have made significant heyway in changing perception but with all the great role models out there, why isn't Traveller more diverse?
1st answer :
If we will translate T20, he may deal with a cover.
However, MegaTraveller which had come out by HobbyJapan is not Mr. Naoyuki Katoh.
We are keeping in mind so that faithfully the original edition as much as possible.
Therefore, the box of CT which we translated is proportionate to Traveller 1st edition.
Contents are LBB of 2nd.

In Japan, there is the formula "Traveller's art equal Mr. Naoyuki Katoh."
It is applied also to me.It is the influence of CT which Hobby Japan had published, and all the members think of the Japanese Traveller fan the same way.
Therefore, the art of my CT Japanese edition became him.

Answer to last question:
Some which we have translated have original.
The selfish alteration of the original edition considers that I am impolite to the author.
I think that the same is said also of other CT and MT.
At least the 1st answer is said about this idea of mine.

Originally posted by Kaizer:
Please pray that "Shipyard" English edition is completed some day. ;)
I certainly will! In the meantime I'll puzzle my way through the Japanese version. Time to crank up my Canon Wordtank...

Back