• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

How Old Are We? (CT)

How Old Are We? (CT)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To borrow from my recent favorite commercial series*

Originally posted by Malenfant:
In future, I guess I should put a "null" result for people to vote for if they just want to read the results.
A "null" result for people to vote for if they just want to read the results? BRILLIANT!

* That'd be the new Guinness commercials of course. Hmm, I think most of my favorite commercials seem to be beer ads.

Transcripts here (click link) for those interested, apologies for hijacking your poll Mal and a hearty toast and welcome aboard doc53 :D

Results as of Nov 2nd:

14 or under: 0
15 - 20: 1
21 - 25: 1
26 - 30: 2
31 - 35: 7
36 - 40: 13
41 - 45: 7
46 - 50: 3
51 - 55: 1
56 or over: 0

Nice little bell-curve going on there

Well, as of December 9 (no need to check the date! YAY!!!) That's 4 in the 21-25 vote, my having increased it by only one. The system that my group has used the most often is a hybrid of CT, T4, and other stuff, so that's why I've voted here.

And if you're wondering, I'm Twenty-Four Years Old. Shame on you for not remembering!
file_23.gif

:D I started in the beginning of Traveller history. Bought the Deluxe Traveller actually thinking it was a board game, then accidently stumbled into someone who had been playing it rather extensivly and was willing to take on refereeing some new players (as well as new to RPGing) [Doug if you are still out there give me a shout back. You ran a game in Charleston S.C. in the early 80's. Something to do with a group known as TA and someone namer Sam Treacher sp?]Got my hands on everything to do with Traveller I could find. Now I like a blend of CT/MT and some homegrown modifications from 2300AD thrown for good measure. At the present time, I am setting up a TNE pocket empire located in the edge of the Claw in the Verge sector. As far as I can determine, there are no official maps for this sector, so I can set it up to fit my own ideas.

lets see here,
...I bought the first edition (the one with out the squid-thing picture on the first page of the combat section of book one) of the LBB's NEW as a sophmore in HS

...so I recon i be low end of 40's, furtytoo

file_28.gif
I can't be THAT OLD...

I am one of the 9% that is in the 46-50 catagory. I began with CT and never ventured away from home even though there were plenty of opps. I am still at home in the world of Classic gaming.

Originally posted by Colonel Mac:
I am one of the 9% that is in the 46-50 catagory. I began with CT and never ventured away from home even though there were plenty of opps. I am still at home in the world of Classic gaming.

I'm 48+ and have played CT from '78 on, though at times playing others simultaneously and even running a few now and then.

Shiara

For rules, I use a CT with bits from MT. For setting, depends on my players, but most of the time it is the OTU around 1105ish. With 'lots' stolen from what ever books I happen to be reading at the time.

Will have to dig up MTU campaign based on the "Foundation Novels" by Asimov and post it in the fLibrary. CT with the clock set around 1250 but NO rebellion or virus. Just a slow rot from the center out. Every time I re-read that series, I find more things ‘borrowed’ for the OUT.

I agree with blackirish56, recover time for TNE was far to short.

Originally posted by Wolfman:

I agree with blackirish56, recover time for TNE was far to short.
I also agree. The recover time, even with outside help, :D would need to be 150-300 years. Perhaps the next generation of Traveller should be around 1350?

New Poll: How Old Are We? II

Poll needs a new option. I'm 61 and started playing Traveller when it first hit the shelves back in 1977.

Actually, this poll is 10 years out of date, and is not tracking the data properly anyway (go to "View Poll Results" and inspect the data).

There is a new poll started just this year:

[FONT=arial,helvetica]How Old Are We? II [/FONT]
http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=34506

Probably all new votes should go there (and it has the higher age brackets).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back