• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Helpless Characters.

Though it's not stated specifically, it's assumed that Coup de Grace is used exactly as it is in the D&D Core Player's Handbook, am I correct?

What about knocking out characters? There are no subdual rules in T20 (p. 155).

Any suggestions, or did I miss something?

Subdual damage == Stamina - so there is no need to have sbdual rules.

If someone has a weapon capable of subdual (ie a club) then I would let them do an auto crit (in terms of dice) damage straight to Stamina - If they do more stam than the victim has then it starts doing lifeblood anyway.

Any use of bladed weapons as clubs invloves a chance to snap the thing (and I wouldn;t allow foil use anyway)

Of course, if you are actually trying to kill a helpless victim - I wouldn;t bether pulling dice out. They describe the action, then if there is a chance to survivie it, I might roll. (ie if the victim is tied but awake and you place a pistol against their head and pull the trigger, they can flinch away, the round may not penetrate the skull etc / is they are unconscious and you place a shotgun in their mouth pointing up, nobody would survive.)

Of course if the dead body is placed in an autodoc immediately, it may only have been "slightly" dead.

Back