• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Building stuff

What kind of rules regarding vehicle/ship/weapon/kitchen sink construction will this version of trav have? I see the book'll be about 400+ pages, so will the rules be in there or do I have to suffer months and months of longing while I wait for a sourcebook?

Thanks!

RV

(Sorry if this' been covered before)

Originally posted by RabidVargr:
What kind of rules regarding vehicle/ship/weapon/kitchen sink construction will this version of trav have? I see the book'll be about 400+ pages, so will the rules be in there or do I have to suffer months and months of longing while I wait for a sourcebook?

Thanks!

RV

(Sorry if this' been covered before)
Everything but weapon designs!

Hunter

How detailed are the world building rules?

1) Book 3 level,
2) Book 6 level (scouts) / MT level,
or
3) Grand Census/Grand Survey/World Builder's Handbook level?

If not (3), you mentioned elsewhere that world and ship stats were pretty much compatible with earlier editions.... could I use WBH to make worlds for T20?

(I think the WBH is not only one of the best Traveller products ever, but one of the most useful gaming products ever...)

Yes darn it, I missed it too. We've been waiting months to launch the ISS Vanguard, but we really need the cusotm plumbing rules to be finished first, stop teasing us.

Originally posted by Psion:
How detailed are the world building rules?

1) Book 3 level,
2) Book 6 level (scouts) / MT level,
or
3) Grand Census/Grand Survey/World Builder's Handbook level?

Book 6 level. It describes all the planets in the system, but not much more detail than the UWP for each world. Of course there is also the adapted animal creation system from book 3, so you can make critters as well.

Originally posted by RabidVargr:

Now to be a nag, when's the weapons construction coming out?
I've actually done an adaptation of the Original Striker (BFB 5:Games has the in print version) weapon design system to T20 vehicle weapons. If Hunter thinks I've gotten the redesigned weapons close to the Playtested weapons from the T20 book, I'll see about getting it into some publishable form.

Back