• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Atmospheric Speed

Kabru

SOC-1
I may simply be dense, but under T20 design rules how does one calculate the Atmospheric Speed of a Spacecraft or Starship?

Help!

Evening Kabru,

In THB Chapter 12 Design Sequences on p261, between the write up and Airframe Atmospheric Speeds, is were you find the atmospheric speeds.

Airframes use the Table and modifiers to determine the air speed.

Condensed from the write ups:

(Fully) Streamlined top speed in a standard atmosphere is 2-G and the speed in kph is from the Airframe Atmospheric Speeds Table.

Partially Streamlined top speed in a standard atmosphere is 1-G and the speed in kph is from the Airframe Atmospheric Speeds Table.

Unstreamlined: may not eneter any part of a Very Thin Atmosphere or heavier atmosphere for any reason.

Hopefully this helps a little, if not I hope that someone else can give you a better idea of how this works.

Originally posted by Kabru:
I may simply be dense, but under T20 design rules how does one calculate the Atmospheric Speed of a Spacecraft or Starship?

Help!

Thanks for the response! I guess I was confused becuase the values given in the table don't match the speeds given in the Standard Designs (e.g., Patrol Cruiser) is much slower in the atmosphere than the table would suggest. Oh well, I'll use the table values instead.

Thanks!

Back