• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

World Trade Routes

Bruce

The Man Behind the Curtain
Marquis
Allo gang,

Well forgive me for my ignorence. I just can't ever remember where some of this infromation comes from.

I think it comes from one of the other published books.

some people have used maps that show how trade flows in subsectors?

I've seen the maps, I just can'tt hink of what the resource is.

I am wanting to see what the trade might look like in the Chin-shan subsector and the outrun subsector.

These are in the Mercnatile concorde area of influence.

If anyone can point me int he direction, I'd be much appreciated.

[Edited for atrocious speeling, oops...spelling]

Bruce,

I'm not sure if these are what you're looking for, but there are some maps showing trade routes using the GURPS Traveller: Far Trader stats here.

Another handy map & info site is Anthony's Maps Site at travellercentral.com.

Hope these help,

John

Bruce,

As John implies, the book you are looking for is GURPS Traveller: Far Trader.

Since it has been reprinted by SJG, it should be fairly easy to acquire.

Yes, parallel evolution. Jon Buller and I cooked it up when the TML was churning over economics and stuff, shortly before the GURPS supplement was started. We thought about what trade might be like between a couple of close, competent worlds, then came up with a formula to ... well, to formulate it, and tested it out with some worlds on the Spinward Main, and decided it was good.

But it's abstract -- good for when the players ask for a quick number that you haven't written down. Well, now with my little heuristic I don't have to write any numbers down, but you get the idea.

It's also quite handy for running a seat-of-the-pants Pocket Empire. Get a handful of numbers with a lot of zero's and you're in better shape than people who bog down with spreadsheets.

But if you need detail, you need the GURPS supplements, or Pocket Empires, or something.

I guess I need to look for a copy of that grups book.

Thanks for the responses guys...

Back