• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Why Traveller is better than Star Wars

The Top 101 Reasons why Traveller is better than Star Wars. drumroll, please...

Psionic using characters are arrested.

Imperial troops can actually shoot straight.

The armor that Imperial troops wear actually protects them.

FGMP's are way cooler than blasters.

No matter how hard a Jedi might try, there is no way to parry a shotgun shell with a light saber.

feel free to add your own...

Was Yoda a Bwap?

Hmmmm....Fine you I will, accept late paperwork I will not...Hmmm...

Hunter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hunter:
No Jar-Jar Binks...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I don't know, Jar-Jar would be fine in MTU - as a pop-up targget on the FGMP-15 range...
biggrin.gif

William

Let's also remember...............
Starports are NOT wretched hives of scum and villainy....Star towns, on the otherhand........

Traveller has no rules for romantic feelings about your sister! <ewww...>
smile.gif

------------------
Wendell (IMTU tc++ tm !tn !t4 !tg ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt- au ls+ he)

If Darth Vader were in the Traveller Universe, when the mask was taken off as he died we would have seen James Earl Jones, not Humpty Dumpty...

Hunter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>we would have seen James Earl Jones<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite true - I remember thinking, "This pasty guy with a suspect British accent is supposed to be Vader?!"

Oh, and another one:
High Guard doesn't have the component: "Secondary thermal exhaust port that allows a single fighter to blow up your moon-sized battle station: 1 MCr, 1 ton."

------------------
Wendell (IMTU tc++ tm !tn !t4 !tg ru+ ge+ 3i+ c+ jt- au ls+ he)

Just think what Imperial Space Marines would have done to the Ewoks!

Did you ever see anybody put on a vacc suit in Star Wars?

Real men don't need shields on their ships.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mshensley:
Just think what Imperial Space Marines would have done to the Ewoks!

Did you ever see anybody put on a vacc suit in Star Wars?

Real men don't need shields on their ships.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, considering that the one time can think of that anyone went EVA in Star Wars (Unless R2 sitting in the back of an X-Wing counts) is when the Falcon was in the stomach of that gigantic worm thing in the asteroid in "Empire Strikes Back"...and they went out with filter masks...now I'm sorry, but well...I do suspect that the gullet of an asteroid dwelling starship swallowing worm does not have an atmosphere that simply allows filter masks for normal survival...:::checks random book:::, no...no mention of large space worms having an atmosphere of at least type 4 but no higher then type 9.

smile.gif

------------------
It is not I who am crazy, it's I who am mad!

[This message has been edited by Cleon the Mad (edited 18 March 2002).]

It wouldn't take 10 years to get a sequel...although, with the rate the reprints are progressing...

But, seriously the starports and ships are way cooler in Traveller than glorified airports. Plus, there are more worlds detailed than simply a jungle planet, a snow planet and a desert planet.

Traveller also has the capacity to come up with new themes. Star Wars simply repeats the first two movies, endlessly, in the novels, in the films and in the computer games. Traveller is about adventure. Star Wars is about getting the same fix. Not bad if you are a deprived drug addict but Traveller is showing that life is full.

And In Traveller,
all the universe's problems (including the destruction of a world and the deaths of coutless BILLIONS) don't revolve around SOLELY around a disfunctional family in a day-time soap...

Back