• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Who is best to be the first "Grand Poobah of the Spinward Marches"

Who is best to be the first "Grand Poobah of the Spinward Marches"

• Some other sophant (please post suggestions below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Alas, I am surprised, our good Trader Jim seems to have refused the title, and in fact is suggesting Plop 101 for the title! Ah, I suppose another poll is in order then. If you do vote "other", please indicate whom you'd like to see as "Grand Poobah of the Spinward Marches".

For those not familiar with the title, please see the first thread/poll, also in the Imperial Scout Survey forum for details.

I will tally results by the end of today, Holiday Eve (New Year's Eve on the old Solomani calendar, PST), and if I feel there are enough results, I shall post my choice on Holiday/New Year's Day! If not, then I shall wait up to one week before deciding.

Good Baron Liam, I hope this last minute change, including the potential postponing of the Grand Poobah coronation feast won't harm your fine eating establishment in any way, since I'm sure you advertised this coronation. Please don't worry though, I still plan to hold my main Holiday day feast, including listing promotions to the Order of the Emperor's Guard, live and posthumous!

The feast is on, we expect Your Impishness, and whatever courtiers. Overflow accomodations have extended it to some 2200 possible guests (the majority inside, some 360 late comers will be in the outdoor covered cafe)

Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
The feast is on, we expect Your Impishness, and whatever courtiers. Overflow accomodations have extended it to some 2200 possible guests (the majority inside, some 360 late comers will be in the outdoor covered cafe)
Oh wonderful! I so look forward to it, including the promotion of so many toothsome and delectable corpus delecti! :D

If I may ask my good Baron Liam, would YOU consider the title of Grand Poobah? I'd be willing to make you Grand Poobah of Old Expanses instead of the Spinward Marches, since I do believe that due to events, directly and indirectly caused by the Nilsen Virus, that you're in and/or around the sector. I'm even willing to add some bull horns to the fez, so it looks more "Space Viking" ;)

Originally posted by Cleon the Mad:
Oh wonderful! I so look forward to it, including the promotion of so many toothsome and delectable corpus delecti! :D
If I may ask my good Baron Liam, would YOU consider the title of Grand Poobah? I'd be willing to make you Grand Poobah of Old Expanses instead of the Spinward Marches, since I do believe that due to events, directly and indirectly caused by the Nilsen Virus, that you're in and/or around the sector. I'm even willing to add some bull horns to the fez, so it looks more "Space Viking" ;)
I will accept provided the date on the document is written to come into effect for the year 1192, and not before. The cache of a pre-rebellion signatory document from you will have far more carte blanche than say, an Imperial warrant from merry wee Lucan the Wise.

heretically yours,

Good Grief! I go away for three hours and someone nominates me.

I'm going to have be on here 24/7 to keep up with this crowd.

Trader Jim should get the title. Only if he still declines should he be promoted with extreme prejudice - plop101 could be a "Poohbear," but not more - and not promoted by "Charlene."

If you need accomodations for up to 1000 more people - excluding potential corpi delecti, which I could get some Droyne, Chirpers or Ael Yael for - I can probably get some room nearby at the Omni-Imperial Hotel. If you want anything closer, I'd need an Imperial Warrant.

Do Poobahs and Poohbears automatically get Warrants?

OOC- as an aside, it seems at present the poll is trending to making him (TJ) the Grand PoohBah, in what seems a self preservation move by voters to retain their source of Coffee Juice.--OOC

Originally posted by Jame:
Trader Jim should get the title. Only if he still declines should he be promoted with extreme prejudice - plop101 could be a "Poohbear," but not more - and not promoted by "Charlene."

If you need accomodations for up to 1000 more people - excluding potential corpi delecti, which I could get some Droyne, Chirpers or Ael Yael for - I can probably get some room nearby at the Omni-Imperial Hotel. If you want anything closer, I'd need an Imperial Warrant.

Do Poobahs and Poohbears automatically get Warrants?
Well, to be honest, I would find it extreme to grant such a warrant, they already have the right to promote people to the rank of Baron, Knight in the case of Poohbears, via small arms fire. BUT...I am willing to place you in temporary command of a company of Battledress clad Marines, some of my own personal guard. You see, I have the perfect building to cover the overflow...ever here of the Moot Spire? I think we could clear it out for Holiday Eve and Holiday, don't you? We'll let whomever survives and/or their next of kin enter on Twoday.
file_23.gif
:D

Alright. I shouldn't need more than a company - the 5th Emperor's. I'll bring any attached artillery (no orbitillery needed) just in case. (Some repairs - cosmetics - may be necessary, but I'll try to keep it to a minimum.) Once I prove my point, I don't think most of the nobles will protest. I hope you don't mind if I make examples?

Now that I think about it, a Warrant does seem a bit extreme, given their powers.

I think the last report from the random static forum had Trader Jim as Grand Poohbah and me as Grandpooper, which would go very well since my call sign is Plop101. :D

So, someone else wanted me as poohbah, huh. Whoever you are, you have a SICK, SICK mind.
file_28.gif
The Thought Police will be with you shortly.

Please read my post in the "Random Static" thread, but to sum up, TRADER JIM IS THE NEW GRAND POOBAH OF THE SPINWARD MARCHES, and PLOP 101 IS THE NEW GRAND POOPER OF THE IMPERIUM! THIS IS OFFICIAL AS OF 001-245.

As an aside, as I have posted elsewhere, I have sat upon the Iridum Throne all day sans any pants. :D

Excellent. Will this impact coffee juice distribution or will Trader Jim be expected to maintain both positions?

Savage

Originally posted by savage:
Excellent. Will this impact coffee juice distribution or will Trader Jim be expected to maintain both positions?

Savage
Well my good man Savage, I would PRESUME that the good Grand Poobah Trader Jim would be MORE then up to the task of still providing his delectable Coffee Juice, both to the Marches and to the Imperium at large. IF NOT, then well...perhaps he can have a personal liaison with the Grand Princess/Magnum Revolver "Deborah".
file_23.gif
:D
file_21.gif

Back