• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Which is your favorite OTU Milieu?

Which is your favorite OTU Milieu?

• Total voters
Originally posted by Employee 2-4601:
Which is your favorite OTU Milieu? And in which milieu do you play?
I haven't played or GM'ed for a while, but I'm working on several Milieu 400 settings :D .

Hans

I am playing a CT-based campaign using the MT rules and the GURPS alternate timeline.

Until recently I was playing the Traveller Adventure, and have played in and refereed ATU settings.

I chose the Classic Era for both because it is the only mileau I've played in.

Now a poll about which mileau you'd like to see developed would produce some interesting answers.

Have fun,
Bill

Originally posted by Bill Cameron:
Now a poll about which mileau you'd like to see developed would produce some interesting answers.
Now this will have not only interesting results, but interesting options as well. Aside from the milieux mentioned here, what would you use as options?

I'm thinking about the following additions to the list for such a poll:
- Ziru Sirka
- Rule of man
- Long Night
- Ilelish Revolt
- Imperial Civil War
- Psionic Supressions
- Zhodani Core Expeditions
- Revolution instead of Rebellion (extrapolated from ProtoTraveller)
- Alternate Rebellion (Dulinor manages to take power)
- Virusless post-Hard Times
- Baddies Invade from the Core (TNE variant)
- 1200 post-TNE

I like it that 22 People like CT and 30 play it while:
5 like The New Era and 4 of us play in it

Was the 'which setting would you like to see developed' poll ever put together?

Suggestions:
the first star farers era
ancients - war of the ancients era
Earth 2050 through to first contact
Rule of man
Long Night
Milieu 400
Civil War
Psionic Suppression
5th Imperium
Galactic Imperium

Last edited:
I use a slightly modified 1248, 4th Imperial setting.

Big differences IMTU are:

Unbeknownst to everyone other than the Cyms and the Viral packs, the modifications to the Cym chips that resulted in the Virus did not last past the 2nd generation. 99.9% of "Virus" IMTU are actually Cym chips as per Signal GK. Viral insanity comes from Cym series groups with no dominant Cym chip. While this slows the spread, as a chip now has to physically enter a system to take it over, it in no way makes them any less deadly or versatile. But it does allow for Cym PCs, and limits them to one "body" at a time.

The Empress wave is only a Psionic component, the Hard Radiation component having effectively died some 30k parsecs towards the core. One additional effect that is unknown to most of charted space is that any world that once held a Chirper Population, gains a Droyne population after the wave front passes through the system.

The 4th Imperium has just made an amazing breakthrough in drive systems, and a very small number of Hop 1 prototype drives have been made available to Emperor Averys hand picked agents to test and use in the course of their duties. The existence of the Hop drive prototypes is a very closely guarded secret known only to a very small handful of people in the 4th Imperium.

Finally, Grandfather lied. The war isn't over yet. There are still a few other Ancients out there...

I use a slightly modified 1248, 4th Imperial setting.

Big differences IMTU are:

Unbeknownst to everyone other than the Cyms and the Viral packs, the modifications to the Cym chips that resulted in the Virus did not last past the 2nd generation. 99.9% of "Virus" IMTU are actually Cym chips as per Signal GK. Viral insanity comes from Cym series groups with no dominant Cym chip. While this slows the spread, as a chip now has to physically enter a system to take it over, it in no way makes them any less deadly or versatile. But it does allow for Cym PCs, and limits them to one "body" at a time.

The Empress wave is only a Psionic component, the Hard Radiation component having effectively died some 30k parsecs towards the core. One additional effect that is unknown to most of charted space is that any world that once held a Chirper Population, gains a Droyne population after the wave front passes through the system.

The 4th Imperium has just made an amazing breakthrough in drive systems, and a very small number of Hop 1 prototype drives have been made available to Emperor Averys hand picked agents to test and use in the course of their duties. The existence of the Hop drive prototypes is a very closely guarded secret known only to a very small handful of people in the 4th Imperium.

Finally, Grandfather lied. The war isn't over yet. There are still a few other Ancients out there...

Nice. I almost do what you did. ;)

The main change I made was that, rather than the 4th Imperium, it was the Darrian Confederation that is introducing the Hop drive. The Imperial Regency knows about it; they want it. This may be the motivating factor to drive them to war.......

Honestly, I really enjoyed the old Paranoia Press sectors, I played the heck out of those areas. Even when they were OTO they had such a different flavor that they might have as well been IMTU.

D.

I seem to have voted for Hard Times but I have to say my faves are that, The New Era, Gateway, Classic and ProtoTraveller. Plus a few homebrew settings such as Golan's Dark Nebula and Outer Veil.

Which is your favorite OTU Milieu? And in which milieu do you play?

I use the CT setting, but am looking at other stuff, atm playing MG T in the Trojan Reach with very little Imperial involvement apart from the odd DE
and a fairly small ship universe (biggest I've used is a 5 kt liner).

Regards

David

Nice. I almost do what you did. ;)

The main change I made was that, rather than the 4th Imperium, it was the Darrian Confederation that is introducing the Hop drive. The Imperial Regency knows about it; they want it. This may be the motivating factor to drive them to war.......

That works as well, and I might just add the Darrian experimental hop to my game as well.

~Cryton

Back