• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

What or who does your character look like?

in my games depending on what im running i usually have the player find a pic or draw it of their character.

In the TNE game we are playing we are using anime as a basis and in a Morrow Project Game im reffing the players are required to have a photo of some one who would play their character in a movie if it were to be made.

any one else do this

( oh yeh i also mostly do this with NPCs and place the pic on the outside of my screen if i remember too. so the character are just not always talking to the generic NPC. It helps to have a visual some times.)

Well Dog My Cats!!!.....thats on hell of a Signature...Trader Scott!!!.....I am FAMOUS!!!!....geeeeezzzz, I feel hunble....as the inventor of COFFEE JUICE....I approve....Looks Good!!! One day i will tell you the SECRET INGREDIANTS!!!!......Keep up the GOOD work...
file_21.gif
file_21.gif
:D :D

I like to have a good mental picture of my characters, but I don't always have a physical picture available. Not a bad idea though.

I was our game group artist for years. Somewhere in my closet is a folder with dozens of PC/NPC/Critter/Location sketches and doodles. I think part of the reason I went into gaming was that I could express some of my creativity through game related art.

Be careful out there!
Big Mike

Dittoes on the thumbnail sketch artist fer the group. Later, with better ideas, went with a thumb nail cut out from magazines to paperclip in the corner for that NPC or PC. Gotten away from that after a while tho...
Sometimes, I have Players who have a 8x11 drawing of their PC. Help's visualize em better.
I'vedone this for ADND and Traveller ;) :cool: :cool: :cool:

Originally posted by trader jim:
Well Dog My Cats!!!.....thats on hell of a Signature...Trader Scott!!!.....I am FAMOUS!!!!....geeeeezzzz, I feel hunble....as the inventor of COFFEE JUICE....I approve....Looks Good!!! One day i will tell you the SECRET INGREDIANTS!!!!......Keep up the GOOD work...
file_21.gif
file_21.gif
__________________________________________________Nahhh, he's just your "Mini-Me", Jim. Or, there really are such things as clones... :eek:
file_23.gif
file_22.gif

Yeah, we try to find pictures to represent our characters as well, in D&D and Cyberpunk as well as Traveller. For example, the character from whom I take my name for posting on these boards looks like Ving Rhames.

I also look for photos to represent major NPCs.

This...

attachment.php

This is Tanya 'Tiny' O'Rourke - I posted this image in another thread, actually. She's sort of my 'eternal champion'. She tends to be my character in almost everything I play - To date, she's been a Mech pilot, A Robotech pilot, a starfleet engineering officer and this is her as a Jedi.

Obviously in Traveller she would not have the Lightsabre =)

I, also was the group portrait artist, along with my mate, Chris. Our charcaters' appearence was often more important than the stats!

Crow

Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by trader jim:
file_21.gif
file_21.gif
__________________________________________________Nahhh, he's just your "Mini-Me", Jim. Or, there really are such things as clones... :eek:
file_23.gif
file_22.gif
</font>[/QUOTE]no not a clone just to much coffee juice. ;)

the charactures i play, Trader Jim and Diamond Jack are both really Hansom Fellowes,real Lady killers!!!!
file_22.gif
file_22.gif
Hansom Fellows? You mean you both pilot horse-drawn taxis? Cor! In Traveller I bet the Ladies die laughing. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm, well, my main character looks, and is, rather like myself in many ways; Natural Redhead, 40+, hot tempered, independant, stubborn. However, she's into things I'm not so enthusiastic over, such as taking major risks without thinking it over. I often have her do things in game that I hesitate, dislike, or am downright afraid to do IRL.

Shiara

the charactures i play, Trader Jim and Diamond Jack are both really Hansom Fellowes,real Lady killers!!!!
file_22.gif
file_22.gif
Should we check for any outstanding warrents, missing persons, or unsolved murders?
file_23.gif
file_21.gif

My first Traveller character was a scout. I use the pic of "Slippery" Jim from a SPI game based on the Stainless Steel Rat books. It shows a dangerously handsome fellow in a dark grey jumpsuit.

Currently, I'm making my own character pics with Poser 4, a 3D character rendering app.

To see an example of the pics go to the Traveller Character Section at my web site:
George's Port

Originally posted by George Boyett:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by trader jim:
file_22.gif
file_22.gif
Should we check for any outstanding warrents, missing persons, or unsolved murders?
file_23.gif
file_21.gif
</font>[/QUOTE]_______________________________________________
I'd start on TL-3 or TL-4 worlds where the hansom-buggy is still in use, meself. Perhaps there's some low tech parkin' tickets outstandin' on him/ them?
file_21.gif
file_22.gif

O...Dont worry about us....we both have the same girl friend....Lizzy Bordon....you know the one...she has a song out about her...

Lizzy bordon took an ax and gave er mother 40 wacks....when she saw what she had done...she gave er father 41.....

very nice interesting woman....very lovable...we like er... :eek: :eek:
file_22.gif
file_22.gif

Do you mean this Lizzie Borden?
open1.GIF

Plain as a mud fence, emotionally cold, and probably didn't even kill her parents.
My condolences, but it does explain "hansom".

Back