• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Welcome Lurkers & New folks!

Liam Devlin

SOC-14 5K
For those of you new to this list, allow me, a recent inductee (03 SEP 02) here to bid you all welcome. Over 200 new folks came and signed up since I've arrived (heck I'm citizen 1087,and were over 1293 now!), and plenty more will soon again as T-20 hits the shelves of game stores.

Cruise the boards, start a topic, join a forum board, ask questions--don't be shy. I'm in the misdt of a revival of sorts on this particualr page with Starpilot/Chris Griffen, looking at best experiences with roleplaying examples of things you seen or done in Traveller (variant is no option). Might give some of you Refs ideas, hope so. Get a grin, shed a tear (one sad story in there by George Boyett).

Take your time, and join the band. And if you see someone you know, tell em hi! and drop em a line.
See ya at 100 diameters guys & gals!

PS: For all of you watching for the past month, yes, Rabid Vargr and Trader Jim really do talk that way to each other. Don't worry much. Its kinda fun actually "to watch em go at it" ;)

Might I suggest a good first post be to "Who are we" on this page. Read through it, so you know some of the folks whose posts your readin are. Then jump on in.

Last, MJD, Bruce, and Hunter did not pay me a free T-20 PHB book to do this! I'm just "keeping the flame" here at the low tech with my Cig lighter & smokestiks.
file_23.gif

Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
Get a grin, shed a tear (one sad story in there by George Boyett).
Well if you include my "retired" PC story that would be two sad stories. ;)

Of course the Marine and vidcam story was good counterpoint. :D

one must be aware, however, that Liam, AS EVER WAS, is a fellow of the most disreputable sort, who never corresponds with his buddies and periodically hides from view... just a firendly warning from one who has known him far too long....

Bryan Gibson
AKA Josh Mccaen, Capt.,
TPDFSS Merry Widow

AhhhMaster mccaen, as I live and breath! If ones e-mail did not boomerang back into one's own mailbox then one would have correspondence! I've tried getting in touch with you, but you as usual, have been "in and out of things. Such is life!
And lad, One does have to sleep every now and again! ;)

Love the art in the site. Hope they're paying you on time (unlike the previous masters of MT! -GDW).
Keep up the good work
Home e-mail is still the same
devlin12@ipa.net

I, for one, Trader Jim can vouch for Liam as being disreputable.....also sneaky and Ill Mannered....he, george, and RabidVargr eat raw Vorpal Bunnies with their fingers!!!....then wash it down with cold Coffee Juice....with not so much as a thank you to me....how rude...never mind the public belching and passing gas!!!! :eek: :eek: Peeeee uuuuuuuuu!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Trader Jim speaketh-" I, for one, Trader Jim can vouch for Liam as being disreputable.....also sneaky and Ill Mannered....he, george, and RabidVargr eat raw Vorpal Bunnies with their fingers!!!....then wash it down with cold Coffee Juice....with not so much as a thank you to me....how rude...never mind the public belching and passing gas!!!! Peeeee uuuuuuuuu!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Dont you give me that "stuff" the word is out on you!!!....everyone knows what you and that new Merc Unite, Liams Terminators, did on that new coliny, Rainy Bogg!!!!!....your boys singing THE WEARING OF THE GREEN and DANNY BOY, and lets not forget your all time favorit...THE BOYS OF THE OLD BRIGADE!!...thats the one that gave you guys away....the locals didnt stand a chance...especially when you bought every one a ROUND at clancys place...Total Unfair War!!!...those poor lassys...havin to marry all your thugs....and that ship that circled over head, King Richard class, with the name of Wolf Tone....Not Fair....
file_21.gif

Message from KR (Trader Jim's mobile CJ wagon-train of the stars)-"Dont you give me that "stuff" the word is out on you!!!....everyone knows what you and that new Merc Unite, Liams Terminators, did on that new coliny, Rainy Bogg!!!!!....your boys singing THE WEARING OF THE GREEN and DANNY BOY, and lets not forget your all time favorit...THE BOYS OF THE OLD BRIGADE!!...thats the one that gave you guys away....the locals didnt stand a chance...especially when you bought every one a ROUND at clancys place...Total Unfair War!!!...those poor lassys...havin to marry all your thugs....and that ship that circled over head, King Richard class, with the name of Wolf Tone....Not Fair...."

and the classic reply to the latter half of the garbled transmission from Relay X-press boat 2105AWYZ99:
"All's fair in love and war."

I see the post Who are We? has received eight more postings! Progress.
Still theres 1304 of us on this list as "members..C'mon out of the shadows! Blow that puppy (post, sorry RV) out of the water!
file_23.gif

Btw Bryan, Seems to be another long night at work eh? Got the third shift again. Wilson AFSAM shoot going on here at CR in LR Arkie land. Teams from UK (Several RN, RAF, TA, And regular Army),Fr, Bel., Ger, Den, USA (USAR, USNG, USMC, USAF), Swe.

Kids are fine. Mead--still making it. Didja Catch that Shiara lady--Knight-lady from East Kingdom!??

Your e-mail did the bouncy thing last two months? Been out hunting/ out of country?

hmph... boomerang, indeed!

sabakakrazny@aol.com

tell ya a story one day, bought how ole Liam took up a great "woe is me, the universe is agianst me" spiel. Cops didnt buy it, tho.... the air raft parked in the lobby of the bar i suspect is what made them suspicious.

Bryan

The brakes failed, and you know it. Besides, we got back before check out didn't we?! ;)
Thats my version, an I'm sticking to it!

We'll see if it works or not.(yer e-mail that is again). ;)

Alrighty then! Making progress. 116 entries in "Who are We?" out of 1300 plus though, some of you are still snoozin and lurking. C'mon! TJ isn't really gonna pour Coffee Juice down yer throat, and RV only bites a wee bit! (mind you his corsair ship packs a wallop tho!). I can see you wanting to blank out your addresses n all (privacy n all that rubbish), but hey--you "signed up folks, remember?
Its a big pond, we don't mind sharing, do we?
;)

well, heck here I am three days later. 119 entries in Who are WE? (originally posted by Murph). of those 119 entires, there's 112 people on there. Membership on this list stands as I write at 1334. Thats nearly 10%, but not quite.
ANy of you math whiz gearheads take a stab at that stat percentage wise?
Sorry, I "gear head" out of desperation, and roleplay from inspiration, but thats just me. Now world & system building is another matter entirely! :D ;)
Hmmmm, must all be out lurking? 9 to 1 odds. C'mon in out of the dark! (Shades of B5!). This requires participation...don't see naything of interest, start a new topic.. You can do it!
Tigger1tom did, Mark Siefert did, YOU CAN TOO!

9 to 1? No wonder they're scared of us! They all know it's gotta be at least 15 to 1 before they can actually take one of us down... ;) And there's 3 of us, 4 if we get Far Trader in on this Triad, (quadrad?)

RV

Originally posted by RabidVargr:
9 to 1? No wonder they're scared of us! They all know it's gotta be at least 15 to 1 before they can actually take one of us down... ;) And there's 3 of us, 4 if we get Far Trader in on this Triad, (quadrad?)

RV
Hmmm, ye may have something there. The Ancient Knights templars taught n fought to be worthy of 3 to one odds. at 9-1 we still have em on a level field. Toss in Far Trader, and its 12-1 still a dead heat. So, you have the right of it, RV.
Catch up on the War? I'll have some more TRIAD tonight. Vilis-subsector/Marches/ Sword Worlds subsector action area (Arden Confederation/ Darrian froniter/ Swordies/ Imperium. Figuerd this be familiar ground for most. Time setting late in 1119 (300's, years almost up).
WAtch yer six!

Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
Hmmmm, must all be out lurking? 9 to 1 odds. C'mon in out of the dark! (Shades of B5!). This requires participation... don't see anything of interest, start a new topic.. You can do it!
Tigger1tom did, Mark Siefert did, YOU CAN TOO!
I think I might speak for some of us lurkers when I say that I personally don't think I have much to contribute. I see a great deal of interesting posts on the boards and it looks like all the bases are pretty well covered so far as topics go.
That and even though I have a pretty heavy interest in Science Fiction, I'm not as extremly familiar with Traveller as most of the more active posters seem to be.
So in my opinion it seems like the best idea is to hang out in the background, wait to see what developes, and try not to be a waste of bandwitdh.

Eak

Back