• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

UWP Changes

I will have to look at Adv 10 again to check on 567-908. My concern is that it is pretty apparent that the Shriekers evolved on their own, so the world has to be old enough for that life to have evolved to their point.

Do note that life there may have evolved much faster than on our world. It is a dying world, slowing losing atmosphere and water over time. So life may have had to evolve fast in order to reach sentience before the planet dies, irrespective of the star it orbits.

I admit I'm free and easy when it comes to evolutionary timescales. I do want the UWP to conform to what's written in Adventure 10 -- I note that Shrieker chargen hangs on that funny long period as well.

The reference is page 14, Adventure 10, third paragraph:

The planet has a 30 hour day and is 2,932 million kilometers from its central star. The local year is 42.5 standard years. There are no satellites and as a result there are no tides of any consequence.
2,932 million km is 20 AU (150 mkm per AU). According to MT, that's about Orbit #8, which could be served by one of these stars:

B9 V
B9 IV
A0 III
A0-G9 II

Unless we're too narrow with hab zones (and we're not quite sure how far out ours goes; does it go past Mars or not?), it looks like even an F5 IV is sorta out of the question.

So, would you prefer a main sequence B? Those are pretty rare, eh?

What the???

Can you explain the J7 X-Boat link in the Spinward Marches please? From Karin to Collace.

I've now had a chance to look at the other two posted and note an oddity in each there too, a J5 in Corridor and a J8 in Core. I guess the program may be just suggesting links between worlds and you have to make the actual connections work for J4 but that seems potentially problematic.

Not that such oddities aren't without precedence ;) There is a (possible) J5 in the Marches according to SMC
In fact your Marches has it too :D

Tenalphi to Strouden? It's there in Supplement 3 too ;)

Strouden is one of the primary ship building worlds in the SM. It has a high population, it is industrial, has a class A starport and a TL of 13.

Tenalphi can also build starships with its type A starport, and to a TL of 14 to boot. It is only sparsely populated, tens of permanent inhabitants at a time, and non-industrial as a result.

And yet there is that jump 5 x-boat connection between the two...

curious, and well worth investigating ;)

robject,

You might consider constraining your routes to Jump-4 or less, to make them more compatible with the capacities of Traveller's jump drives, even if canon has a few examples that exceed this suggested "cap".

Also, when tracking these within a file, I personally would prefer if you listed the routes in pairs of hex locations. For example:

0101 0203
0203 0503
etc.

It would make this information easy to port into Galactic, as well as use with sec2pdf.

Just some thoughts,
Flynn

Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
Tenalphi to Strouden? It's there in Supplement 3 too ;)
That's the one and so it is
It wasn't until I got SMC when it came out that I started reffing in earnest and studying the Marches and noticed that curiosity. I thought about it for a while, then measured it finding it was 4.5 hexes and that led me to rule that Jump drives, while measured in even number ratings, actually spanned between 0.5 above and below the rating. So J4 is actually anything between 3.5parsecs and 4.5parsecs, the Tenalphi to Strouden run being just within the range of the J4 XBoats.

But of course there are other possibilities barbed with adventure hooks.

I also noticed some xboat routes longer than J-4.

What was of more concern to me was that these seemed not to be "routes" across the Imperium, but rather a few isolated systems.

The xboat routes must be, at least to some degree, based on the need to forward information yet further onward and across the Imperium (even if a little zig-zagging occurs along the way).

Robject,

Devil's Advocate mode - engaged

I don't think you can automate the selection of x-boat routes because they're obviously not laid out rationally.

Look at Regina to Rhylanor for example. Is there any rational reason why the canonical x-boat route between those two worlds swings all the way spinward through Lanth? It should pass through Turedad-KKirka at the very least, but it doesn't.

As MT points out, the x-boat network was laid out with many things in mind other than rapid communications. There's even that wonderful map showing the various news 'wave fronts'. Those in power on Regina get news of the Assassination ~160 days before 'official' news of the same event arrives by x-boat.

The x-boat routes were laid out according to a 57th Century 'political pull' map we don't have access to.

Devil's Advocate mode - disengaged

Great maps! Other than those weird long routes (Collace to Karin wow!) they look pretty good. As RoS points out, they all need to connect to Capital.

Have fun,
Bill

Having stared at a lot of the DGP xboat routes recently, there does seem to be a method to that madness. I couldn't give a definitive algorithm, but it seems to be along the lines of:

1. Ignore "unimportant" worlds (starport C/or low pop, isolated, etc)
2. Link the J-1 mains - assume non-xboat news only travels at J-1, or J-2 at best. Try and link the middle of the mains, preferably to a Starport A or B if possible.
3. Make sure no "important" world is more than 3 J-1's away from an xboat stop.

But even if you coded up that algorithm, there would be many, many such solutions for a given sector, and I think DGP just eyeballed it. I suspect they simply photocopied the Atlas, colored the mains, circled important worlds (capitals, hi-pop, sp A), then started drawing lines until the problem was "mostly" satisfied.

Yeah, the first step in the algorithm is to connect "important" worlds as conveniently as possible, then subdivide those which are too long. However, I only iterate once, because I want to look at the results and finish them by hand.

The >4 distance legs will have to be broken by hand. But the output gives me good suggestions.

Mike West's suggested changes.

MW1: Reconciliation Uniqua's second star should be M9 D, not M2 V.

Justification Unknown.

MW2: Reconciliation Andor and Candory's government codes should be 'X', and their trade codes should be "Ag An Dw".

Justification Being Droyne worlds, they would have their own bizarre government. The 'Dw' should be mentioned on the trade codes line.

MW3: Modernization Mirriam's (hex 0333) star should be a G6 V, not an M6 V.

Justification The orbit around an M6 V might be nonexistent; yet this world appears to be quite cozy. Moreover, there are hundreds of millions of people living here, presumably outdoors.

MW3a: Modernization Mirriam (hex 0333) should be renamed to "Mirriam (1)".

Justification To avoid confusion with the Mirriam at hex 1315.

MW4: Canon Support Entrope should be listed as "Darrian owned" post Fifth Frontier War.

Justification Actually, for Second Survey, don't the Darrians own Entrope? They don't lose it until around the Fourth Frontier War, right?

MW5: Reconciliation Caloran's UWP should read:
</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">Caloran 0911 C796746-5 Ag 510 Na G2 V M4 D</pre>[/QUOTE]Justification (Actually, that's the value I see on the web. Some supplement must have changed it.)

MW6: Modernization Margesi's primary should be K4 V, not M4 V.

Justification If this world were orbiting an M4, it would probably be frozen in the Outer zone. Obviously it's a nice world. So...

MW7: Reconciliation Zircon's UWP should be
</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">Zircon 1110 C792668-8 M Ni 624 Fa F0 V</pre>[/QUOTE]Justification This is probably an affirmation that Zircon is part of the Federation of Arden - but I bet it isn't in Second Survey's time (1065).

MW8: Reconciliation Bowman's Belt UWP should be
</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">Bowman 1132 D000300-9 S Lo Ni As 811 Cs M0 V</pre>[/QUOTE]Justification This is actually the same data I find on the web. Some supplements must have introduced errors.

MW9: Modernization Mirriam (hex 1315) should be renamed "Mirriam (2)".

Justification To avoid confusion with Mirriam at hex 0333.

MW10: Modernization Trexalon's star should be M0 V.

Justification An M0 D star would have (a) no habitable zone, (b) all worlds near it destroyed when it left the main sequence and turned into a subgiant or giant. At least an M0 V would have the possibility of a habitable world.

MW11: Modernization Mithril's star should be F4 V.

Justification An F4 D star would have (a) no habitable zone, (b) all worlds near it destroyed when it left the main sequence and turned into a subgiant or giant. An F4 V is much more pleasant, and is able to have habitable worlds around it.

MW12: Modernization Victoria's star should be K6 V.

Justification An M2 V would likely be uninhabitable by a pre-industrial society.

MW13: Modernization? Victoria's TL should be 3.

Justification I suppose this is due to the description of how people on Victoria live being more like TL3 than TL2.

MW14: Reconciliation Regina's UWP should be
</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">Regina 1910 A788899-C A Ri Cp 703 Im F7 V M8 D M6 V</pre>[/QUOTE]Justification This is probably to fix the original UWP data, which set the TL at 10. But in 1065, it is possible that the TL of Regina was 10.

MW15: Reconciliation Craw's UWP should be
</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">Craw 1939 C573645-3 Ni 923 Im G7 V</pre>[/QUOTE]Justification This is probably to fix errors that crept into some supplements.

MW16: Reconciliation Shirene's PBG should be 725.

Justification The data I see has 0 planetoid belts and 1 gas giant. Apparently this is incorrect due to use in written reference material, perhaps in coordination with later, better UWP data.

MW17: Modernization Kinorb (hex 2202) should be renamed "Kinorb (1)".

Justification So as not to confuse it with the other Kinorb.

MW17a: Modernization Kinorb (1) should have primary G7 V.

Justification M7 V just doesn't have what it takes to support the world.

MW18: Modernization Inthe (hex 2234) should be renamed "Inthe (1)".

Justification So as not to confuse it with the other Inthe.

MW19: Modernization Inthe (hex 2410) should be renamed "Inthe (2)".

Justification So as not to confuse it with the other Inthe.

MW20: Modernization Kinorb (2512) should be renamed "Kinorb (2)".

Justification So as not to confuse it with the other Kinorb.

MW21: Modernization Heroni (2521) should be renamed "Heroni (1)".

Justification So as not to confuse it with the other world of the same name.

MW22: Modernization Aramis (2540) should be renamed "Aramis (2)".

MW22a: Modernization Aramis' star should be K5 V.

Justification The M5 V just doesn't cut it with that world type.

MW23: Modernization Natoko (2620) should be renamed "Natoko (1)".

MW23: Modernization Heroni (3017) should be renamed "Heroni (2)".

MW24: Modernization Aramis (3110) should be renamed "Aramis (1)".

MW24a: Modernization Aramis (1)'s primary should be M2 V.

Justification A type VI star (I think) is a dwarf, which has no habitable zone, and probably used to be a giant star, which means any worlds that might have been in the habitable zone were swallowed up and/or melted/blown away to a bare cinder.

MW25: Modernization Rename Natoko (3209) to Natoko (2).

MW25a: Modernization Natoko's primary should be M2 V.

Justification An M2 VI can't support life, and probably annihilated its inner planets aeons ago when it went giant.

MW26: Modernization Rename Margesi (3212) to "Margesi (2)".

Okay, that's what I got on the visual inspection. Mike may have more primary star changes in that file, I just can't pick them out. I'll have to run a comparison filter to see.

But that'll do for now.

Marc Miller responds:
Mike West's suggested changes.
MW3: Modernization Mirriam's (hex 0333) star should be a G6 V, not an M6 V.

Justification The orbit around an M6 V might be nonexistent; yet this world appears to be quite cozy. Moreover, there are hundreds of millions of people living here, presumably outdoors.

Response. I have changed Mirriam's primary to G6 V M6 V in my master list.

MW6: Modernization Margesi's primary should be K4 V, not M4 V.

Justification If this world were orbiting an M4, it would probably be frozen in the Outer zone. Obviously it's a nice world. So...

Response I currently show Margesi with F0 V.

MW12: Modernization Victoria's star should be K6 V.

Justification An M2 V would likely be uninhabitable by a pre-industrial society.

Response I have upgraded it to K6 V.

MW13: Modernization? Victoria's TL should be 3.

Justification I suppose this is due to the description of how people on Victoria live being more like TL3 than TL2.

Response Based on how the Scout who made th e survey rated it.

MW14: Reconciliation Regina's UWP should be
</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">Regina 1910 A788899-C A Ri Cp 703 Im F7 V M8 D M6 V</pre>
Justification This is probably to fix the original UWP data, which set the TL at 10. But in 1065, it is possible that the TL of Regina was 10.

Response I have inserted Cp.

MW15: Reconciliation Craw's UWP should be
</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">Craw 1939 C573645-3 Ni 923 Im G7 V</pre>[/QUOTE]Justification This is probably to fix errors that crept into some supplements.

Response I agree and show it as such.

MW16: Reconciliation Shirene's PBG should be 725.

Justification The data I see has 0 planetoid belts and 1 gas giant. Apparently this is incorrect due to use in written reference material, perhaps in coordination with later, better UWP data.

Response I have changed it to 725.

MW17a: Modernization Kinorb (1) should have primary G7 V.

Justification M7 V just doesn't have what it takes to support the world.

Response Changed to K7 V.

MW22a: Modernization Aramis' star should be K5 V.

Justification The M5 V just doesn't cut it with that world type.

Response Changed to K5 V.

MW24a: Modernization Aramis (1)'s primary should be M2 V.

Justification A type VI star (I think) is a dwarf, which has no habitable zone, and probably used to be a giant star, which means any worlds that might have been in the habitable zone were swallowed up and/or melted/blown away to a bare cinder.

Response Changed to M2 V.

[/quote]All the renamings I suggested in Mike's name were turned down just out of deference for "The Springfield Effect". I.E. Springfield Il, Springfield MO, etc. No big deal to me.

Also, he turned down all change suggestions for worlds outside the Imperium, since Second Survey is Imperial.

Odd that so many name repeats snuck into the Marches in the first place.

Which version of the sector was Mike working from? If he's starting from anything other than TNE's Regency Sourcebook, he may be repeating/ignoring past effort...

MW101 Reconciliation Errere 0103 add trade code: C0
MW118 Reconciliation Engrange 0425 add trade code: A1
MW119 Reconciliation Roget 0427 add trade code: A7
MW120 Reconciliation Kardin 0429 add trade code: An
MW128 Reconciliation Ucella 0532 add trade code: C0
MW131 Reconciliation Froin 0539 add trade code: Rs
MW138 Reconciliation Darrian 0627 add trade code: A0
MW145 Reconciliation Torment 0721 add trade code: Ex
MW147 Reconciliation Ator 0729 add trade code: An
MW176 Reconciliation Frenzie 1116 add trade code: Cp
MW213 Reconciliation Sting 1525 add trade code: Cp
MW229 Reconciliation Efate 1705 add trade code: An
MW245 Reconciliation Pixie 1903 add trade code: An
MW248 Reconciliation Ianic 1924 add trade code: J3
MW253 Reconciliation Trane 2038 add trade code: An
MW262 Reconciliation Beck's World 2204 add trade code: An
MW353 Reconciliation Vanejen 3119 add trade code: Rs
MW358 Reconciliation Patinir 3207 add trade code: An

Many of these are outside the Imperium, but I'll post the list anyway.

MW100 Star Data Modernization Zeycude 101 old: M9 V M1 D new: K9 V M1 D
MW104 Star Data Modernization Atson 111 old: K8 VI M4 D new: K8 V M4 D
MW105 Star Data Modernization Xhosa 115 old: M0 III K8 VI new: M0 III M2 D
MW106 Star Data Modernization Prinx 212 old: A9 V K8 VI new: A9 V K8 V
MW110 Star Data Modernization Gesentown 303 old: M9 D M9 D new: M2 V M9 D
MW111 Star Data Modernization Chronor 304 old: M8 V M9 D new: F8 V M9 D
MW114 Star Data Modernization Ektron 326 old: M5 V M3 D new: M1 V M3 D
MW115 Star Data Modernization Attica 414 old: K1 VI M6 D new: K1 V M6 D
MW117 Star Data Modernization Zamine 421 old: M4 V M3 D new: K9 V M3 D
MW121 Star Data Modernization Bularia 430 old: M5 V M3 D new: K5 V M3 D
MW122 Star Data Modernization Jone 433 old: M8 V M5 D new: G8 V M5 D
MW123 Star Data Modernization Whenge 503 old: M8 V M1 D new: F8 V M7 D
MW124 Star Data Modernization Terra Nova 511 old: M7 D M7 D new: M2 V M7 D
MW125 Star Data Modernization Mire 527 old: M3 V M0 D new: K6 V M0 D
MW127 Star Data Modernization Dorannia 530 old: K4 V M5 D new: K4 V M6 D
MW129 Star Data Modernization Penelope 533 old: F6 V M7 VI new: F6 V M7 V
MW130 Star Data Modernization Karin 534 old: M7 V M1 D new: G7 V M1 D
MW134 Star Data Modernization Ninjar 608 old: A4 D M0 D new: A4 V M0 D
MW135 Star Data Modernization Querion 614 old: M6 V M9 D new: G6 V M9 D
MW140 Star Data Modernization Quhaiathat 637 old: M8 V M3 D new: K8 V M2 D
MW141 Star Data Modernization Lakou 638 old: M6 D M3 D new: M2 V M2 D
MW142 Star Data Modernization Stave 710 old: M9 V M2 D new: K9 V M2 D
MW143 Star Data Modernization Rapp's World 712 old: M5 V M8 VI new: K5 V M8 V
MW149 Star Data Modernization Iderati 732 old: M2 V M1 D new: G9 V M1 D
MW150 Star Data Modernization Tondoul 739 old: M8 V M1 D new: K8 V M1 D
MW151 Star Data Modernization Narval 805 old: G4 V M6 VI new: G4 V M6 V
MW154 Star Data Modernization Anselhome 820 old: M6 VI M0 D new: M1 V M0 D
MW158 Star Data Modernization Ochecate 837 old: G8 VI M8 D new: G8 V M8 D
MW159 Star Data Modernization Mewey 838 old: M3 V M3 D new: K3 V M3 D
MW166 Star Data Modernization Tizon 922 old: K2 VI M3 D new: K2 IV M3 D
MW168 Star Data Modernization Emerald 1006 old: M1 VI M3 D new: M1 V M5 D
MW169 Star Data Modernization Zenopit 1010 old: M8 D M3 D new: M3 V M5 D
MW170 Star Data Modernization Arden 1011 old: M4 V M5 D new: G4 V M5 D
MW171 Star Data Modernization Anduril 1026 old: F2 V G0 D new: F2 V M1 D
MW173 Star Data Modernization Avastan 1037 old: M8 VI M2 D new: M3 V M3 D
MW175 Star Data Modernization Clan 1103 old: M8 V M3 D new: K8 V M3 D
MW177 Star Data Modernization Orcrist 1126 old: M7 V M7 D new: K7 V M7 D
MW178 Star Data Modernization Enos 1130 old: M9 V M4 VI new: M1 V M3 D
MW182 Star Data Modernization Pequan 1210 old: M5 V M0 D new: K5 V M0 D
MW183 Star Data Modernization Digitis 1212 old: M6 III Mo D new: M6 III M0 D
MW184 Star Data Modernization Edinina 1213 old: K6 V Mo D new: K6 V M0 D
MW186 Star Data Modernization Stellatio 1216 old: M9 III M5 D new: M9 III M4 V
MW187 Star Data Modernization Arkadia 1217 old: M1 V M5 D new: G8 V M4 V
MW188 Star Data Modernization Gungnir 1221 old: G3 VI M4 VI new: G3 IV M4 V
MW189 Star Data Modernization Gram 1223 old: F2 D M2 D new: F2 V M2 D
MW190 Star Data Modernization Excalibur 1225 old: M5 V M8 D new: K5 V M2 D
MW193 Star Data Modernization Pavabid 1238 old: M7 V M2 D new: K7 V M0 D
MW195 Star Data Modernization Lysen 1307 old: M9 V M0 V new: M3 V M5 D
MW202 Star Data Modernization Rangent 1411 old: M4 V M1 D new: K8 V M1 D
MW203 Star Data Modernization Beater 1424 old: M4 V M8 D new: K4 V M2 D
MW205 Star Data Modernization Caliburn 1430 old: M7 VI M8 D new: M2 V M2 D
MW206 Star Data Modernization Noctocol 1433 old: M5 VI M2 D new: F5 V M2 D
MW210 Star Data Modernization Dyrnwyn 1522 old: M4 V M8 D new: K4 V M8 D
MW212 Star Data Modernization Hofud 1524 old: M4 V M9 D new: K4 V M9 D
MW214 Star Data Modernization Biter 1526 old: M7 V M1 D new: G7 V M1 D
MW216 Star Data Modernization Dawnworld 1531 old: F8 D M5 D new: F8 V M5 D
MW218 Star Data Modernization Forine 1533 old: M0 V M5 VI new: G9 V M8 D
MW219 Star Data Modernization Mertactor 1537 old: G1 V M5 VI new: G1 V M8 D
MW220 Star Data Modernization Louzy 1604 old: M5 V M7 D new: M2 V M8 D
MW223 Star Data Modernization Bronze 1627 old: M3 V M7 D new: M3 V M5 V
MW224 Star Data Modernization Talchek 1631 old: K8 V M5 VI new: K8 V M5 V
MW225 Star Data Modernization Milagro 1632 old: M2 V M0 VI new: M2 V M7 D
MW226 Star Data Modernization Pagaton 1634 old: M0 V M0 VI new: M0 V M7 D
MW227 Star Data Modernization Binges 1635 old: F0 V M0 VI new: F0 V M7 D
MW228 Star Data Modernization Mille Falcs 1637 old: M6 V M0 VI new: M2 V M7 D
MW231 Star Data Modernization Grote 1731 old: F8 V M0 VI new: F8 V M0 V
MW232 Star Data Modernization Lydia 1733 old: M4 III M0 VI new: M4 III M0 V
MW235 Star Data Modernization Aster 1739 old: M9 V M2 D new: K9 V M1 D
MW241 Star Data Modernization Rabwhar 1822 old: M5 D M8 D new: K5 V M8 D
MW246 Star Data Modernization Boughene 1904 old: M7 V M6 D new: K7 V M6 D
MW247 Star Data Modernization Dinomn 1912 old: M8 VI M0 D new: G8 V M0 D
MW249 Star Data Modernization Spirelle 1927 old: M4 V M7 D new: G7 V M2 D
MW251 Star Data Modernization Roup 2007 old: F9 V M2 D new: F9 V M7 D
MW254 Star Data Modernization Pscias 2106 old: M5 VI M2 D new: K5 V M7 D
MW258 Star Data Modernization Lunion 2124 old: M3 D M7 D new: M3 V M7 D
MW259 Star Data Modernization Harvosette 2129 old: M7 D M5 D new: M0 V M5 D
MW263 Star Data Modernization Enope 2205 old: M4 V M5 D new: K6 V M5 D
MW264 Star Data Modernization Wochiers 2207 old: F0 V M8 D new: F0 V M6 D
MW268 Star Data Modernization Persephone 2228 old: M2 V M6 VI new: M2 V M9 V
MW269 Star Data Modernization Marastan 2231 old: M7 V M9 VI new: K7 V M9 V
MW270 Star Data Modernization Crout 2232 old: M7 II M9 VI new: M7 II M9 V
MW272 Star Data Modernization Wurzburg 2237 old: F8 V M3 VI new: F8 V M6 V
MW273 Star Data Modernization Yorbund 2303 old: M8 VI M8 D new: M3 V M6 V
MW274 Star Data Modernization Shionthy 2306 old: M4 V M8 D new: M4 V M6 V
MW275 Star Data Modernization Algine 2308 old: M9 VI M8 D new: G9 V M6 V
MW276 Star Data Modernization Yurst 2309 old: K9 V M8 D new: K9 V M6 V
MW277 Star Data Modernization Treece 2311 old: M1 V M2 D new: M1 V M6 V
MW278 Star Data Modernization Echiste 2313 old: G4 V M2 D new: G4 V M6 V
MW279 Star Data Modernization Pirema 2314 old: M4 V M2 D new: M2 V M6 V
MW280 Star Data Modernization Rhise 2317 old: M7 V M2 D new: K7 V M6 V
MW281 Star Data Modernization Ivendo 2319 old: A9 V M2 D new: A9 V M6 V
MW282 Star Data Modernization Quiru 2321 old: M6 V M6 VI new: M3 V M6 V
MW283 Star Data Modernization Gorram 2322 old: M8 V M6 VI new: K8 V M6 V
MW284 Star Data Modernization Capon 2324 old: M9 D M4 D new: F9 V M4 D
MW285 Star Data Modernization Strouden 2327 old: M0 V M4 D new: G5 V M4 D
MW286 Star Data Modernization Bicornn 2331 old: M0 V M3 VI new: M0 V M3 V
MW287 Star Data Modernization Ffudn 2334 old: F3 V M3 VI new: F3 V M3 V
MW289 Star Data Modernization Moughas 2406 old: M9 V M9 D new: K9 V M9 D
MW291 Star Data Modernization Vreibefger 2415 old: M9 V M3 D new: K9 V M3 D
MW292 Star Data Modernization Icetina 2418 old: M9 V M8 D new: K9 V M8 D
MW293 Star Data Modernization Cogri 2419 old: M1 II M0 VI new: M1 II M0 V
MW294 Star Data Modernization Skull 2420 old: M1 V M0 VI new: M1 V M0 V
MW295 Star Data Modernization Gandr 2425 old: M7 V M2 D new: M7 V K9 D
MW296 Star Data Modernization Drolraw 2426 old: F1 V M2 D new: F1 V K9 D
MW297 Star Data Modernization Paya 2509 old: F3 V M4 D new: F3 V K9 D
MW298 Star Data Modernization Dhian 2510 old: M5 V M4 D new: K5 V K9 D
MW300 Star Data Modernization Byret 2523 old: M0 V M2 D new: G9 V M7 D
MW302 Star Data Modernization Burtson 2534 old: M4 V M7 D new: G4 V M7 D
MW304 Star Data Modernization Pyramus 2538 old: M3 V M0 D new: K6 V M8 D
MW313 Star Data Modernization D'Mara 2638 old: F4 VI M0 D new: F4 IV M4 D
MW314 Star Data Modernization Keltcher 2639 old: M6 V M0 D new: K6 V M4 D
MW317 Star Data Modernization Rhylanor 2716 old: M2 VI M3 D new: M2 V M2 D
MW318 Star Data Modernization Loneseda 2720 old: M9 V M3 D new: K9 V M2 D
MW320 Star Data Modernization Duale 2728 old: M2 V M0 7 new: M2 V M0 D
MW329 Star Data Modernization Leander 2832 old: M5 V M1 D new: K5 V M1 D
MW334 Star Data Modernization Zila 2908 old: M6 V M3 D new: K6 V M3 D
MW336 Star Data Modernization Celepina 2913 old: M2 VI M3 D new: M2 V M3 D
MW338 Star Data Modernization Zyra 2934 old: M8 V M9 V new: K8 V M9 V
MW341 Star Data Modernization Yebab 3002 old: M9 V M1 D new: G9 V M1 D
MW342 Star Data Modernization Zykoca 3004 old: M9 V M1 D new: K9 V M1 D
MW343 Star Data Modernization Belizo 3015 old: G1 V M7 VI new: G1 V M7 V
MW344 Star Data Modernization Kegena 3016 old: F6 V M7 VI new: F6 V M7 V
MW345 Star Data Modernization 457-973 3019 old: G9 V M7 VI new: G9 V M7 V
MW346 Star Data Modernization Somem 3020 old: M6 V M7 VI new: M2 V M7 V
MW347 Star Data Modernization Nexine 3030 old: M8 V M6 D new: K8 V M6 D
MW348 Star Data Modernization Prilissa 3035 old: K9 V MO VI new: K9 V M0 V
MW349 Star Data Modernization Tee-Tee-Tee 3038 old: M2 V MO VI new: M2 V M0 V
MW350 Star Data Modernization Youghal 3039 old: M3 V MO VI new: M3 V M0 V
MW351 Star Data Modernization Tenelphi 3040 old: F4 V MO VI new: F4 V M0 V
MW354 Star Data Modernization Nadrin 3123 old: M5 V M1 D new: K5 V M1 D
MW356 Star Data Modernization Zephyr 3138 old: M5 V M6 D new: K5 V M9 D

Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
Tenalphi can also build starships with its type A starport, and to a TL of 14 to boot. It is only sparsely populated, tens of permanent inhabitants at a time, and non-industrial as a result.
And incapable of building starships as a result.

Given Tenalphi's position on the border between the Imperium and the Sword Worlds and it's hospitable nature, it is already very strange that it doesn't have a decent population. Adding the strangeness of a shipyard where everything from components to workers to the food they eat has to be imported (not to mention the X-boat link), I suggest that Tenalphi's population level should be changed to 8.

Hans

Originally posted by Bill Cameron:
Those in power on Regina get news of the Assassination ~160 days before 'official' news of the same event arrives by x-boat.
And maybe 40 or 50 days before the news gets there by passenger liner...

Hans

Originally posted by rancke:

Given Tenalphi's position on the border between the Imperium and the Sword Worlds and it's hospitable nature, it is already very strange that it doesn't have a decent population. Adding the strangeness of a shipyard where everything from components to workers to the food they eat has to be imported (not to mention the X-boat link), I suggest that Tenalphi's population level should be changed to 8.

Hans
"Is that an official 'wish'?" asks the genie* politely.

* pun intended

Back