• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

UWP Changes

Sector Report for Glimmerdrift Reaches Sunbane

The data here is only for the Imperial systems in the sector, which is not a whole hell of a lot.

As always, AOTI info listed.

Two hydro inconsistencies:

0536 b-we g
1302 a-we g

One base inconsistency:

0635 b-we-w g

All the rest of the systems are non-imperial.

Sector Report for Delphi Sunbane

Not to bad on this sector, but the mistakes that I saw were doozies.

I have checked most of the systems, but all the systems listed below are Imperial systems with the information as it appears in AOTI.

Also, some of the Sunbane worlds(as per the PDF map) are labeled as "Ma" presumably for Margaret. I considered these all to be "Im." Oddly enough, Anaxias, the seat of her power, was labeled "Im."

Systems in AOTI but missing from Sunbane:

0840 c-de g
1521 b-we g Kumish
At least you don't have to name one of them after me, Rob. ;) But I have to say that I was blown away by the fact that a hi-pop world was missing from Sunbane. You may want to double check the data there.

Maybe Lucan's Death Star project came to fruition.
file_23.gif

Hydrosphere inconsistencies:
0127 b-we g
0209 c-we g
0228 b-we g
0401 x-we g
0515 b-we g
0829 a-we-n g
0904 b-we g Kamikir
0906 b-we-n g
1001 c-we g
1018 b-we g
1039 b-we-n g
1209 c-we g
1240 e-we g
Base inconsistencies:
0411 d-we-w g
0533 a-we-a g
0832 a-we-d g Depot
1205 a-we-d g Depot
1438 b-we-w g
Note the two Depot systems. It would also be worth noting that 0411 caught my eye as being a scout Way Station with a class D starport. That doesn't seem right to me.

Originally posted by Flynn:
Delphi is the only sector in the Imperium to have two Depots.
Yep, absolutely. I just wanted to make sure that we did not have a Depot with an incorrect name on the Sunbane map - one of the other sectors (Fornast, I think) had a name other than "Depot" for the actual Depot system.

Sector Report for Ley Sunbane

Hydrosphere Inconsistencies:
0118 b-wa g
0721 b-wa g
0817 a-wa g
0921 b-wa-n Sent
1024 b-wa g
1218 b-wa g
1401 e-wa g
1405 c-wa g
1513 e-wa g
1526 c-wa g
1732 e-wa g
1912 b-wa
2024 e-wa g
Base Inconsistencies
0618 b-wa g
0724 b-wa-b
0618 does not list anything in AOTI.
0724 had a Way station.

Are the Gateway domain sectors compatible with the information released by QLI, at least in terms of location and physical data?

Just looking to keep the consistency as much as possible with the most recent licensed Traveller products,
Flynn

Good, some feedback.

*sigh*

The corrected Empty Quarter uses the old HIWG names, so it would appear that when Second Survey is published, my work for Stellar Reaches will be invalidated.

[...]

This will also most likely invalidate the 1248 UWPs as well, considering that all the non-published worlds (and thus non-canon at the time) were given new names since QLI couldn't get the permission of the original HIWG contributors, and in the case of Zarushagar, the UWPs were completely regenerated to match AotI, but now have totally different physical stats than what will likely be recorded in Marc's work for T5.

Flynn, if allowed, we can use the new names. I'm sure not attached to the old ones.

And if Zarushagar has been completely regenerated already, point me at it. We can declare it amnesty and use it as-is.

Rob,

I emailed you the files a few weeks ago. If you need me to resend them, please let me know. As for using the names, I give my permission for the EQ names. For the four sectors that make up the Fourth Imperium "domain", I only made up names for the worlds that were not previously published. If a subsector was published, I maintained the published UWPs and names in the CT Era files, to maintain compatibility with the released data. The only names that changed from HIWG were the ones that had not yet seen official print.

Hope this helps,
Flynn

... emerging from lurking mode...

Gentlemen,

About your various concerns over names... ahem

SCREW THE NAMES AND FIX THE UWPS.

... ahem thank you.

The hell with the names, names change over time. M:1248 is over a century distant from the Third Imperium and the Viral Holocaust stand between the two. The RC re-named all their worlds. Who is to say that other people didn't do the same? The name of a world in 1248 need not have any bearing on what it was named in 1105, or 991, or any other OTU era.

As long as the system positions (i.e. SM 1731) are the same and the UWPs are nearly the same (definite changes in population and gov't, possible changes in atmospheres, etc.), then names don't matter.

With the positions remaining the same, any GM with a pulse should easily be able to say... Hmmm... SM1731... Grote in 1105 and DiGroat in 1202... Must be an adventure seed there....

Don't waste time and effort on the names. Names don't mean anything in the long term. Concentrate on fixing the UWPs alone.

Have fun,
Bill

... returning to lurking mode...

Up with Bill!

I happen to agree with him on this score.

||: Go, Bill, Go! :||x3

Doing what I can, Bill, but the way is paved with bottlenecks and challenges. Sure could use your help on this...

With Thanks,
Flynn

Latest Status (22 out of 29 or 30 sectors)

Jim,

Marc says that "QLI has regenerated Ley, Glimmerdrift, Gateway, and Crucis Margin."

I imagine this means some of your recent work has already been done.

If QLI has also done Zarushagar, that means some of my work has already been done, too.

FYI.

Originally posted by robject:

Marc says that "QLI has regenerated Ley, Glimmerdrift, Gateway, and Crucis Margin."

I imagine this means some of your recent work has already been done.
Glad I didn't have to spend too much time on those!

So no problem. I am looking at Old Expanses now.

Crucis Margin (Alpha Crucis?) (QLI)
Alpha Crucis (is this Crucis Margin?)
These are different sectors:

Alpha Crucis is one sector trailing of Solomani Rim (http://inexorabletash.members.winisp.net/Maps/map.htm?x=40.362&y=-100&scale=8&options=891) - sector coords (1,3)

Crucis Margin is one sector trailing of Glimmerdrift reaches (http://inexorabletash.members.winisp.net/Maps/map.htm?x=95.914&y=-20&scale=8&options=891) - sector coords (3,1)

Crucis Margin is outside the bounds of the AOTI. However, Gateway and Crucis Margin are part of the Gateway Domain, and (along with Leonidae) are jam packed with client states. Some of the Rebellion-era publications don't pay much attention to the Imperial borders in this region when documenting the action.

Current Status.

Originally posted by Jim Fetters:
Sector Report for Delphi Sunbane

Systems in AOTI but missing from Sunbane:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />
0840 c-de g
1521 b-we g Kumish
0127 b-we g
0209 c-we g
0228 b-we g
0401 x-we g
0515 b-we g
0829 a-we-n g
0904 b-we g Kamikir
0906 b-we-n g
1001 c-we g
1018 b-we g
1039 b-we-n g
1209 c-we g
1240 e-we g
Base inconsistencies:
0411 d-we-w g
0533 a-we-a g
0832 a-we-d g Depot
1205 a-we-d g Depot
1438 b-we-w g
Note the two Depot systems. It would also be worth noting that 0411 caught my eye as being a scout Way Station with a class D starport. That doesn't seem right to me.
</font>[/QUOTE]Two TLG worlds were backTL'ed to TLF.

0840 didn't have a UWP in the old Delphi code -- just a starport. In the new, here it is:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">Aandimar 0840 C110697-9 Na Ni 203 Ma G3 V M4 D </pre>[/QUOTE]I note that Kumish Sunbane is not Hi pop. I'll fix that.

I see that 0933 is in AOTI, but in Sunbane it's a glitch -- tacked on to 0840 (no wonder 0840 didn't show up). No name, either. Hmmmm...

Bases added.

In Sunbane, 1205 is named "Halena" while 0832 is "Depot 1". Is this in accord?

1018 looks okay, water-wise.

Changes done and ready.

Sector Report for Old Expanses Sunbane

Interesting sector. More inconsistencies with base markings between Sunbane and AOTI than anything. There also seemed to be a LOT of Way stations in this sector.

Base Inconsistencies:
0317 b-de
0318 a-de g
0729 b-we g
1339 c-we-s g
1512 a-de Lyart
1519 a-we g
1829 c-we g
2529 b-we-n g
2622 b-we-n g
2628 b-we-n
2727 b-we-a g
2728 b-we-n g
2823 b-we-a g
2824 c-de-s g
2928 c-we-s g
1333 a-we g L'Steich
0918 a-we-s g Rebields
1032 c-we g
1126 c-we g
1212 b-we
1305 c-we g
1805 b-we g
1906 c-we-s g
2005 x-we g
2132 b-we g Atkins
2621 b-we g
2914 b-we g
3111 c-we-s g
3206 b-we-n
3226 a-we g
1333 a-we g L'Steich
Starport Inconsistencies:
2120 a-de-w g
Gas Giant inconsistencies:
3233 d-we (non-imperial)
So just for grins and giggles, I decided to compare the AOTI data with that in the TNE "Path of Tears," which AFAIK is the only published Old Expanses information. (I can't remember if there was a TD that had it - I have to check. Josh??).

Anyway, some interesting results. From a "Visual" perspective, there were also inconcistencies:

1032 is listed as "Water Present" in AOTI, but "No Water Present" in PoT. UWP = CAAA762-B

1333 same. UWP = A9A4975-F. Both are "Fl"

0922 is listed as "Water Present" in PoT but not in AOTI. UWP = B313444-C

1221 (A302620-C),1621 (B412579-C) & 1629(A511865-B) same. All are "Ic"

1126 is shown as "Water Present" in AOTI, but not in PoT. UWP = C9A4685-8

In Sunbane, 1205 is named "Halena" while 0832 is "Depot 1". Is this in accord?
According to the MT Rebellion Sourcebook:

0832 Depot 1 A583447-A
1205 Depot 2 A787200-A

So, the name on 1205 needs to change, but the UWP looks fine.

Sure could use your help on this...
Flynn,

Believe it or not, I'm helping by staying out of the project and by encouraging others to stay out too. And I'm not being 'cute' in saying that.

First, youself, Robject, Daryen, and the others involved 'built' the regeneration procedures being used. All of you know the procedure like no one else. You know all the 'nuts & bolts', what it looks like under the hood, how its supposed to work, and so on. Because you 'built' the 'tools' being used, you can use them like no other.

Taking time to teach or train others in the procedures is time lost to regeneration effort itself. If I joined, one of you would have to bring me up to 'speed & volts', show me how things are down, and then check my work to see if I've understood. During that time, you wouldn't be regenerating UWPs and time would be lost.

Second, take it from an old hand who has served on and led many projects; Too Many Cooks ⌧ Things Up. Sure, you could train a dozen or so folks to use the tools you've built, assign sectors, check output, organise the entire project, and see the work take far longer to accomplish. Instead of regenerating UWPs, you'd be managing the regeneration of UWPs.

Traveller will be 30 years old soon. Your team will finally give the Hobby a clean set of UWPs for the entire Third Imperium. Your team is knowledgable, your team is the right size, your team is firing on all cylinders, everyone is comfortable with each other's work and opinions, the work is flowinig along, and there is no need to change something that works.

Every time I check this thread I hold my breath. I don't want to see anything distract the Team from their Project. Even seemingly innocent questions about names or QLI sectors could throw a monkey wrench in the works, so I try to land on any distraction with both feet. I don't even like typing this post because it is a distraction too!

You're all doing superbly well. Don't worry about recruiting and don't worry about names, fix the UWPs first and let the rest go hang.

Have fun,
Bill

Originally posted by Jim Fetters:
So just for grins and giggles, I decided to compare the AOTI data with that in the TNE "Path of Tears," which AFAIK is the only published Old Expanses information. (I can't remember if there was a TD that had it - I have to check. Josh??).
According to http://winterwar.prairienet.org/dmckinne/sector.html :

Sector map in Atlas of the Imperium (CT).
Dethenes (A) subsector in HP #1 (CT).
So Skire (O) subsector in HP #2 (CT).
Dethenes (A) and Ile (H) subsectors in HP #3 (CT).
Ahrhi (C) subsector in HP #4 (CT).
Shenk (J) subsector in HP #5 (CT).
Dethenes (A) subsector, xboat map and library data in TD #12 (CT).
Thoezennt (I) and Shenk (J) subsectors in Star Vikings (VT).
I, J, M and N subsectors in Path of Tears (VT).

Hope this helps,
Flynn

Back