• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Unofficial T20 Robot Design Competition

The Contest:

Design a shipboard service robot using the T20 system, focusing on functionailty and reasonable costs.

The Prize:

Best robot will be praised highly, lesser robots will be shunned and possibly ridiculed...

There will be many such contests and they are intended to act as a forum for people who like to design stuff...

Ok?

Ooohhh yaaas :cool: count me in, this could be a blast, brilliant idea. I'm so glad I quit waiting for my pre-order and bought a copy (honest, no dig there Hunter, I got the mail from Rose that you're on it so I'm being paitent) and had a month to skim through it. I was just about to work up some robots but needed a little spark and this did it. You'll be seeing stars for starting this ;)

Hmm, maybe Hunter and bunch could judge the winner(s) in categories like most original, most useful, and the one I'm going for, at least with my first thought, best representation of a published sci-fi robot. Prizes might include publication or use in a publication as background.

OK gotta go jot some outlines and get some sleep before heading for work at Skynet
file_22.gif

Nahh, not really, my 'bot is already built, in fact here he is now...

"I've been ordered to take you down to the bridge. Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Obviously I'm aiming for the derision prize cause this is going to be a pretty useless and very expensive android

OK now I really have to see if I can build it, design sheet to be appended to this post shortly (I hope).

Originally posted by Strephon XVII:
The Contest:

Design a shipboard service robot using the T20 system, focusing on functionailty and reasonable costs.

The Prize:

Best robot will be praised highly, lesser robots will be shunned and possibly ridiculed...

There will be many such contests and they are intended to act as a forum for people who like to design stuff...

Ok?
This sounds like a good excuse to practice coding. I picked a Java book book a week ago, and their examples are boring!

Back