• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Twilight 2200?

Ranger

SOC-12
Ok, here is an idea I have been kicking around for a little while. Rather than try to do an updated T2K timeline and a seperate AD2300 game, how about combining the two? No twilight war. Mankind moves to the stars. Lots of small colonies and scientific outposts. All is good, unitl the governments of earth get into a major conflict around 2200.

Now the colonies are relying on an infrastructure that will be hard to maintain without earth's support. Do you stay out on the stelar frontier and stick it out? Do you return to a heavily damaged earth and try to help rebuild? Do you try to escape the chaos of earth for the safty of a self sustaining colony? Will the off world colonies co-operate to rebuild earth, or use their limited resources to contiue the conflict or just survive?

Just some food for thought,

Rob

nice to know someone's kicking ideas around but for me, i like the two being seperate. its nice that a rpg has an actual history for a change...keep 'em coming though!

Seperate is good. But there's no reason not to base an alternate universe on one or more of the wars listed in the Traveller 2300ad history guide.

Savage

Wasn't there a plan for some sort of Armor 2200 rules planned that would deal with playing out the Great Game?

If I were redo T2000, I would however make the world much more detailed. (Nb: But only glancing at T2000 v2) It would be nice if a real breakdown on what is happening in different regions occurred with more than troop movements. As it stands, it would seem this information is spread thin throughout all the supplements.

But, it is a massive undertaking that Quicklink has committed itself too, I just cannot wait to se more reprints....

Originally posted by kafka47:
Wasn't there a plan for some sort of Armor 2200 rules planned that would deal with playing out the Great Game?

If I were redo T2000, I would however make the world much more detailed. (Nb: But only glancing at T2000 v2) It would be nice if a real breakdown on what is happening in different regions occurred with more than troop movements. As it stands, it would seem this information is spread thin throughout all the supplements.

But, it is a massive undertaking that Quicklink has committed itself too, I just cannot wait to se more reprints....
I completely agree with kafka47. T2K should not only recreate the feel of life after "The Big One", it should provide a significant overview of the quasi-historical events leading up to Y2004 (or whichever year is selected) and what has happened and is happening in all parts of the world.

One excellent example of how to handle this is the alternate history of WWII as represented in Dream Pod 9's Gear Kreig Rulebook (First Ed.). At the very front of the book are 21 pages (pp. 6-21 in a 128 page format) that deal with political, military and technological events globally, leading up to the game setting in 1941 A.D. The ORBATs and troop movements are being dealt with in detail in the series of Theatre Books (The African Theatre being the first).

Then players have a global context, and can adventure anywhere in the world.

Paul Nemeth
AA

What Paul said.

Thats the plan. Its true that the original version of T2K glossed over a lot of the world and the situations. The goal with this supplement is to provide enough information of events around the world to give the referee a good idea of where to start and how to move forward.

The supplement wont have room for extensive and in-depth discussions. I suspect (but dont know) if Twilight takes off there will be additional locations, events and situations published. Perhaps in an on-line format or something similar to the TAS publications.

Back