• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Traveller Calendar 2008

Andrew Boulton

The Adminator
Following the success of last year, Spica Publishing Ltd is pleased to announce that the Traveller Calendar 2008 is GO!

As before, all profits will go to charity (last year we chose Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital, this year will be a cancer charity).

But first, we need art, which means we need YOU! There's a growing pool of talented Traveller artists out there, and we'd like to get as many of you involved as possible. You can submit anything you like, as long as it's Traveller, it's family-friendly, it'll fit on the page, and people won't get sick of looking at it for at least 29 days...

Payment: did I mention the money was going to charity? Every contributor will recieve a PDF of the finished calendar. We may be able to offer hard copies too, but that depends on how many copies we sell.

Originally posted by Andrew Boulton:
...submit anything you like, as long as it's Traveller, it's family-friendly, it'll fit on the page, and people won't get sick of looking at it for at least 29 days...
What is the min/max size/resolution (pixels) and preferred format (JPEG, TIFF, PNG etc.)? Also, based on last year, what's the deadline for going to press?

Last year's sold like hotcakes once it was up at Lulu, and that was *with* Andrew cutting it fine time-wise (no fault of his though). If we can get it organised earlier this year, we can sell more.

As Andrew said, last year's chosen charity was the UK's Gt Ormond St Children's Hospital and this year's will be a cancer charity. Any suggestions as to which charity we donate to are welcome - it doesn't have to be a UK charity, so long as it's a reputable one and will accept an online dontation. It's my intention to swap each year between the UK and international, so this year it's an international (i.e. non-UK) charity.

And, the 2007 calendar is a beauty! I'll buy one each for my friends again, based on last year - so get to drawing!

Indeed - as Andrew says, as long as it is Traveller related, the actual artwork doesn't have to be CGI. It can be any form, as long as we can convert it to go in the calendar.

And we're interested in evrything Traveller related - not just ships. Artwork of Vargr, Aslan, etc *especially* Hivers ( ;) ), will also be welcome for consideration for inclusion.

And don't forget some pictures of Hivers.

Did I mention we'd like some pictures of Hivers? I did? Oh. OK.

<Psssssst: pictures of Hivers are welcome....>

hiver.gif

Cracks me up every time...

Actually, I'd be happy to receive non-3d stuff - paintings, photos, etc.
If you want to use anything from our products let me know and I'll see if I can't get you the original.

Hunter

hiver.gif

Cracks me up every time...
That was a good party on Vland, that was. I stayed like that until the HF Ambassador had a quiet word in my ears, something along the lines of "embarrasing the HF" and "disgrace to the Hiver race." Hmmph.

And, anyway Mr B: you're just jealous cos *you* can't do that after a couple of Vilani beers.......... ;)

Originally posted by hunter:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Andrew Boulton:
Actually, I'd be happy to receive non-3d stuff - paintings, photos, etc.
If you want to use anything from our products let me know and I'll see if I can't get you the original.

Hunter
</font>[/QUOTE]Well that's an offer I can't refuse! Thanks!

I'll go away and study them...

Oooohhh, please do! I had somebody ask about the calendar (in my cube at work) last week. It was that laser battle that finally got his attention, I guess. :D

And we're interested in evrything Traveller related - not just ships. Artwork of Vargr, Aslan, etc *especially* Hivers ( ;) ), will also be welcome for consideration for inclusion.

And don't forget some pictures of Hivers.

Did I mention we'd like some pictures of Hivers? I did? Oh. OK.

<Psssssst: pictures of Hivers are welcome....>

Ya would think he's trying to suggest something:)

Back