• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

TA #4: 76 gunmen or 19 fast npcs done over and over.

jodasi

SOC-7
Hi! I just bought TA#4 76 gunmen. I thought it was an interesting exercise in providing fast npcs for T20. Thats about it. Some of it is written in short hand. Given the opportunity to buy it again, I would look at the print version first, and then decide if was for me or not. I didn't hate it. I'm just a little disappointed.

Originally posted by jodasi:
Hi! I just bought TA#4 76 gunmen. I thought it was an interesting exercise in providing fast npcs for T20. Thats about it. Some of it is written in short hand.
Considering the amount of detail needed for a d20 based NPC having a decent range of NPCs stated out at various stages of experience is *quite* handy for a GM.

/me shrugs

TA#4 catalog entry

I do think the Adventure Seeds section could have used a little more. The length of the Traveller's Aides doesn't seem to be set in stone so perhaps a few more pages ala the difference between TA#1 PDF and print version would help flesh out this one.

Shorthand? The CT stats? That's all the info you need in CT.

Casey

I didnt have a beef with the short hand. Somethings I didnt understand. That's ok though. Im a programmer so if it doesnt read like java doc, i dont always understand it.

My big beef with it was that there really was only 19 characters expounded.

This my first TAS in pdf or printed. Are the printed version different from the pdf versions?

Originally posted by jodasi:
This my first TAS in pdf or printed. Are the printed version different from the pdf versions?
Only TA No.1 is available in print. There are a number of changes between the print version and the PDF but I’m not aware of any major changes. I’ve only had a look at the print version in a shop and don’t own a copy.

Anybody have both versions and knows the exact changes?

Be lucky,

Nellkyn

Way to read back-dated posts, me!

Ok, I actually find this TA a goldmine. In addition to providine ready-made NPCs on the fly when my PCs do unexpected things (And really, folks, how often do they do anything else?), I use it as a guide when building adventure-specific and custum NPCs; usually I need to change only two or three small details (Add or subtract a weapon, redistribute some skill points, etc) to make them perfect and convince my players that I stayed up all night making up the NPCs for their latest exploit.

WARNING: There is an errata note I've found here.
In many (Not all) of the NPCs in the book, at higher levels the DEX score goes up. This is calculated into defense, initiative, etc. but frequently forgotten when calculating attack values. That's the only mistake I've found consistently. Specifically, I believe the Elite Barbarian and the Regular&Veteran Infantry NPCs have this problem.

Back