• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T5 Release Date: Fact or Fiction

I've been reading and writing about how T5 Traveller would be a great system. Now, the ultimate question is: When will this system be released???? I've been waiting with anticipation for this system to hit the stores, or is it only aquired through mail order.

Originally posted by Mark G.:
I've been reading and writing about how T5 Traveller would be a great system. Now, the ultimate question is: When will this system be released???? I've been waiting with anticipation for this system to hit the stores, or is it only aquired through mail order.
It isn't even close to being done. It is a work in progress with no specific or even really a general idea on when it might be released.

Hunter

Originally posted by Mark G.:
When will this system be released????
If you have more luck than looks, then, maybe, sometime in your lifetime...

IOW, God is in heaven and the emperor is far away. Deal with life in the meantime.

William

T5 will come out when...

1. the Minnesota Vikings win the Super Bowl...

2. the US mens soccer team wins the World Cup...

3. the Chicago Cubs win the World Series.

All three conditions must be met. Otherwise, the planets will not be in proper alignment.
file_22.gif
omega.gif

The planets have to be in proper alignment too?!? Egad, that's going to be a while! Guess I should just give up on Traveller, period. Make use of the stuff I've already got and don't use.

Ok, I'll buy the 1248 book (absolutely), and if I like that, I'll probably become an MJD collector, but that's it. If it says "Traveller" on the cover and it doesn't have Martin's name on it (or my own, or maybe that "Mr." Whipsnade fellow's), I ain't buying it. Maybe finish my GURPS Traveller collection. Maybe finish my TNE and T4 collections too. Maybe some of those FFE reprints (have 2, not really impressed). But that's it.

T5 is on the slow boat for sure... and if T20 is doing as well as it looks, that's probably a good thing, since market cannibalization is probably a Bad Thing for Traveller.

Back