• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Referees Preserves

AndreaV

SOC-13
Back in the days of CT the Far Frontiers Sector was ringfenced as a referees preserve. Is this going to be preserved (or even extended to a few more sectors he says hopefully)?

Far Frontiers was FASA's playground in CT after they got booted from the Old Expanses (or Keiths got bored with that section of space).

Personally, I would welcome the development of the whole charted space. But, one in which there would be considerable mystery left to referee. Sort of like the sector guides produced by DGP. The library data left lots of detail to be filled in by the referee.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrewmv:
Back in the days of CT the Far Frontiers Sector was ringfenced as a referees preserve. Is this going to be preserved (or even extended to a few more sectors he says hopefully)?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean Foreven Sector. Far Frontiers was the FASA franchise.

Hans

Does it really matter if something is left undeveloped or not.
If you wish just change things anyway. Remove worlds, move them, rename them.
My new campaign is set in the Zarushagaar sector with the official layout but names made up and an Empire which never existed in the official timeline.
Remember as a Referee you are quite able to change anything you don't like, include, exclude what you want. Isn't that part of the point. Things aren't set in stone as after all at the end of the day it's your game.

What, Reserves? Always been just the one (Foreven) that I'm aware of. It was sort of unofficial during CT, a bit more obvious during MT, and finally stated as such late in the MT era in the pages of Imperiallines #1, the little folio-zine that was an early sign that GDW was "waking up" to Traveller again...

It has to be said that Double Adventure 5:Chamax Plague/Horde was set in Foreven (and therefore canon)and none of the online versions developed by fans have the relevant worlds in the Reidan subsector!

Freedom or oversight?

It has to be said that Double Adventure 5:Chamax Plague/Horde was set in Foreven (and therefore canon)and none of the online versions developed by fans have the relevant worlds in the Reidan subsector!

Freedom or oversight?

Not true!

The version of Foreven put forth at http://zho.berka.com not only agrees on those two systems, but also with the other three systems officially detailed, and the star locations officially detailed.

Apologies to Zho Berka

A fine site that I overlooked when I was doing a spot check on Reidan

I STAND CORRECTED!

Far Frontiers has a version in print (well, HAD a version in print) in the pages of Traveller Chronicle, and was the setting for much of FASA's stuff, particularly the Sky Raiders trilogy, Ordeal by Eshaar, and at least one other...

The Rimward half was done by Dale Kemper and was the basis for FASA's material. The Coreward half was written expressly for Traveller Chronicle...

Back