• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Questions?

Anton

SOC-11
I ran my first T20 session the other night, using the Linkworlds Cluster. (Report at www.livejournal.com/users/bastun). It left me with some questions - hopefully people may supply answers here :)

1. Character creation - after someone has created their character and you have their homeworld UWP excerpt - how do you (in your TU) assign their homeworld? Let them make up all the details, or fudge the UWP slightly if necessary and assign them a homworld that matches?

2. Where can I find UWPs for the Gateway Domain before the Gateway book comes out?

3. The Linkworlds PDF gives details on the planets in the area and lists the UWP - then lists some other stats after the UWP. What are they?

4. Is there an easy way to extract trade classifications from the listed UWP?

Cheers, any answers appreciated,

Anton

I don't have my THB handy right now (at work) but I know that for the extra numbers just after the UWP, the THB describes them in the system generation pages.

There is a small example of how to decypher an UWP text block on one page and pretty much explaines it all.

Originally posted by Anton:

1. Character creation - after someone has created their character and you have their homeworld UWP excerpt - how do you (in your TU) assign their homeworld? Let them make up all the details, or fudge the UWP slightly if necessary and assign them a homworld that matches?
I aksed a similar question quite awhile back...
Do GMs require that characters coem from homeworlds within a detailed sector? In which case they need to choose from a limited selection.

or do they allow the random generation and jsut say that such and such a world exists somewhere out there in sector X?

Opinions varying IIRC

-R_Kane

I ran my first T20 session the other night, using the Linkworlds Cluster. (Report at www.livejournal.com/users/bastun). It left me with some questions - hopefully people may supply answers here :)

2. Where can I find UWPs for the Gateway Domain before the Gateway book comes out?

3. The Linkworlds PDF gives details on the planets in the area and lists the UWP - then lists some other stats after the UWP. What are they?

Anton
Hello.
1. - Either works for me.
2. - Go to star maps in the load screen (the names are mostly wrong but the UWP are right except (there is always an except) in Ley and Glimmer i think (the sector below Ley) the belts and gas giants number are reversed (the three numbers at the end just before the allegiance code, the first number is population multiplyer,second is belts (asteroids) third is No gas giants in the system.)
3. - Directly after is single letter (N = Naval station,S = Scout base,P = Prison, there may be more but you get the idea), next is the Trade codes Ni=non industrial,Po= poor,) you can guess most of them though Ic got me for a while = Ice capped it does nothing but it's like Earth.
4. Yes but its time consumming, If you use Galaxy ( a program you can get from BERKA.com they give them to you.
If you cant find or get Galaxy (gal24) i have it and the T20 four sectors entered into it but it is about 5Meg in size OR i could send you a text copy of the sectors (dosnt look half as good )but it will work, there are some very good maps as PDF's in the E Library section if you want to load them (coti site load screen) the names of systems are correct here.
It may take a few days to mail back i havent loaded the trade codes but it should only take a day.
Until we talk again.
BYE.

Originally posted by Lionel Deffries:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Anton:

Anton
Hello.
1. - Either works for me.
2. - Go to star maps in the load screen (the names are mostly wrong but the UWP are right except (there is always an except) in Ley and Glimmer i think (the sector below Ley) the belts and gas giants number are reversed (the three numbers at the end just before the allegiance code, the first number is population multiplyer,second is belts (asteroids) third is No gas giants in the system.)
</font>[/QUOTE]Hi Lionel,

Where is this? Do you have a URL? I thought you meant to click on the 'Sector Maps' on travellerrpg.com home page - those maps (which have been updated since I d/loaded them originally) have a bit more information on them but still no UWPs.

Thanks,

Anton

PS - Thanks Sandman - I found that bit in the rulebook.

Hi Lionel,

Me again. Just got Gal24 (ooh, DOS!), so if you could zip and mail me the T20 Gateway Domain sectors that's be cool. I'll PM you my e-mail addy.

Cheers,

Anton

Hi Lionel,

Me again. Just got Gal24 (ooh, DOS!), so if you could zip and mail me the T20 Gateway Domain sectors that's be cool. I'll PM you my e-mail addy.

Cheers,

Anton
Hello .
No the Star Maps on this site on the load screenunder resorces.
Now i can mail you the sector maps for T20 or i can mail you the text list for all four sectors (the same info on both but the maps in gal look better or you can use the Pdf maps and the txt lists).
the system names in Star maps (Coti) resources are mostly wrong the names on the Pdf's are right.There are a few systems in dispute between the two maps so i have added both (there are some missing on one and there are some extra on the other).
so could you put your email on here please my incoming mail is playing up i think my outgoing is still working.
Bye.

Hi,

If you could mail me the four GAL T20 maps that'd be great. I don't want to post my e-mail addy here (spam bots and work addy) but apparently you can e-mail me by clicking on my profile.

Or, if the files aren't too big (say a meg or less) you could mail them to my home addy - anton [at] iol [dot] ie. (Large attachments and poor line quality = hanging e-mail program :-( )

Thanks in advance,

Anton

Back