• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

pop-up turrets

Gatsby

SOC-12
An article on Pop-up turrets (Challenge #25 - 'Bait: Q-ships in Traveller') has them:

"The pop turrets installed on Q-ships do not move except to retract and extend, and they include special stabilizing gear (tonnage equal to turret tonnage, MCr .1 per ton)."

Am I to infer that there is NO additional tonnage required, but an additional cost of MCr .1 times the tonnage as given in High Guard? And by "they do not move...", I am assuming that they still rotate, but do not slide along the hull...

And what was that part about Solomani fixed turrets, again?

Just want to add the options onto the spread-sheet....

Gats'

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gatsby:
An article on Pop-up turrets (Challenge #25 - 'Bait: Q-ships in Traveller') has them:

"The pop turrets installed on Q-ships do not move except to retract and extend, and they include special stabilizing gear (tonnage equal to turret tonnage, MCr .1 per ton)."

Am I to infer that there is NO additional tonnage required, but an additional cost of MCr .1 times the tonnage as given in High Guard? And by "they do not move...", I am assuming that they still rotate, but do not slide along the hull...

And what was that part about Solomani fixed turrets, again?

Just want to add the options onto the spread-sheet....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would interperate that `tonnage equal to turret tonnage' as pop-up turrets require double normal tonnage, with an additional MCr .1 per ton over normal tonnage. A pop-up triple laser turret would use 2 tons instead of 1 and would cost MCr .1 extra. But that's me.

StrikerFan

Back