• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Picked up d20 Trinity today...

Spinward Scout

SOC-14 5K
Baron
Hey everybody!

Been looking through the Trinity book today and it looks good. There's a lot in this book that could easily enhance a Traveller game. Psi (using a psychic template and with powers taking up 38 pages!), BioTech (kept "alive" by photosynthesis and Psi), HardTech (sweet weapons and armor), nice character classes & prestige classes. All-in-all, I'd say this book is a must-see, if not a must-buy. But, of course, I bought it.

Later,

Scout

I just picked up a copy of the Storyteller vesion earlier this week. I like a lot of the concepts but the thought of ALL the players being super-powered psionics kinda irks me.

Originally posted by Mark A. Siefert:
I just picked up a copy of the Storyteller vesion earlier this week. I like a lot of the concepts but the thought of ALL the players being super-powered psionics kinda irks me.
Apparently the d20 version doesn't limit you to playing a psion.

It sounds interesting. I have the ST version (in its shiny plastic cover, with AEON on the front :D ) and love it as a background. I am sorely tempted to have a look at the d20 version.

I had the ST version as well, though without the (litigated) AEON cover. I though it was a very interesting setting , with interesting aliens. However, the "secret" story left me a little cold. I may pick up the d20 version anyway, as the ST system never did much for me. (Not that d20 is my favorite, but then again, neither is MS Windows...)

Colin

This is on my "must have" list.
I really enjoyed the ST version, and if the d20 version can add to T20 then it wins on two counts

Here's a question for those with it already.
Does this game explain the metaplot at all - especially the "cliffhanger ending" presented in the last books (aliens on the way to Earth, no precognitive vision of the Earth in a years time, massive explosion somewhere - this last one is from an online ebook I think).

Haven't read the whole thing yet - but it is almost a reprint of the original Aeon Trinity book. Pictures and all. There's a few things I've noticed that I think are different. I'll have to get my ST version out of storage. The background info takes up the first 124 pages of the book. Nice Hard cover about 2/3rds as thick as the T20 book. The classes are: Academic, Entertainer, Entrepreneur, Investigator, Scoundrel, Warrior. The Prestige classes are: Diplomat, Explorer, Mercenary, Scientist, Space Jockey, Technologist, and Troubleshooter. They seem like well rounded classes.

Check it out,

Scout

I thought they'd advanced the timeline by a few years, didn't they?

The d20 version lets you play a non-psion. But why would you want to? :rolleyes: It's a very good alternative to the Traveller Psionics rules. In Traveller, you can have all of the Psionics powers if you roll right. The psionic system in Trinity d20 only allows you access to one or possibly two (if you take the feat) aptitudes of the following: Biokinesis (body alteration), Clairsentience (remote viewing), Electrokinesis, Psychokinesis (telekinesis & cryo/pyro), Telepathy, Teleportation, Vitakinesis (healing). It's not uberpsions until you get the higher level powers - a good GM would know how to limit them.

Later,

Scout

Malenfant, now that you've bought it could you answer your own question here please?

I thought they'd advanced the timeline by a few years, didn't they?[
Although chances are I'll buy it myself today ;)

Just skimmed through it (you on rpgnet, then? ;) ) so far.

First, unlike the old version, the whole book is B&W, not half in colour. It doesn't look bad, but I really liked the vivid colours of the original.

The timeline's definitely moved on a little, in that the Upeo are back, the Karroo colony is known to be intact, and the Coalition ship has been visited (I think that was covered in one of the Alien field guides). It doesn't appear that the events of the Alien Encounter adventures have happened yet though.

Back