• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

No GenCon this year...

Hey all:

Aside from my current employment situation (i.e. really low pay, no vacation time) my sister decided that August 20 would be a great day for her wedding, so I won't be going to Indy this year. :(

We will miss you, Mark. I have three family weddings in July--I just got abck from a funeral for my brother's first child. They range from Union City TN, to Flint Michigan. I have already warned them, I return to drill status that month. Two of those weddings are three days apart.

Some things I won't be able to do, even for family. I understand, and we will bear the flame without you.

We will do our best to make up for the one less mouth at Smokey Bones... Mmmmmmm, pan fried corn bread. Ahhhahhhhahhhh!

Why doyou need to start my mouth drooling already.
Damn you Maspy!:)

Originally posted by Maspy:
We will do our best to make up for the one less mouth at Smokey Bones... Mmmmmmm, pan fried corn bread. Ahhhahhhhahhhh!

Awwww yeah... Smokey Bones was good.

CURSE YOU DENISE! CURSE YOU AND YOUR SUPERSTITIOUS "NEED" FOR A COSMIC ENDORSEMENT OF YOUR SEX LIFE! JUST SHACK UP WITH THE NASCAR-WATCHING NIMROD AND SAVE EVERYONE THE TIME, MONEY, AND INCONVENIENCE!!!

There, I feel better.

Smokey Bones? I am curious about this... Smokey Bones... establishment. Do tell, please do tell...

Btw, Mark, you will be missed. Hopefully next year you can join us for a little T20.

Take care,
Flynn

I'll be there in spirit. Make sure to show my spirit around. And no tircks, my spirit can throw lightning...

Jame,

If you make me a XXL T-shirt that says, "Wanna see Jame's spirit?", I'm sure I'd wear it, at least to any potential COTI gathering. ;)

I think a lunch might be more practical than a dinner, and even a COTI breakfast has some highpoints, as far as scheduling goes.

-Flynn

Originally posted by Flynn:
Jame,

If you make me a XXL T-shirt that says, "Wanna see Jame's spirit?", I'm sure I'd wear it, at least to any potential COTI gathering. ;)

-Flynn
Great idea!!!

I really like this. I want one also.

Or how about one that says "Trader Jim R.I.P."?

Or "Traders Raiders"?

Or "K'Kree burger reciepe
1/2 Kilo K'Kree meat
1/4 Liter Worcestershire sauce
1/2 Onion
1 Stock of Celery
1 tsp Salt
1 tblsp Garlic"
file_23.gif
file_21.gif

(Edited because I forgat to include the Celery...LOL)

The opposite to "Trader's Raiders:" "41st Independent Squadron."

And Flynn, you can make that shirt if you make me one of the 41st.

Hmmm, someone apparently forgot that I was asking THEM to make me the shirt... ;)

But this does remind me: I should probably check in with the people I go to GenCon with, as we have started considering making our own yearly T-shirts to commemorate each year's trip.

More later,
Flynn

Hmmm, someone apparently forgot that I was asking THEM to make me the shirt... ;)
No, looks like someone forgot that if he wants me to have a T-shirt, then he has to make it for me. Especially if he suggests that I should make it...
file_23.gif
file_23.gif

Breakfast or lunch with work for me too.

Hey, maybe breakfast on Thursday morning? Minimizes the chances for hitting a time conflict.

Of course, it's really a little early to be planning any sort of get together.

Rons

Smokey Bones? I am curious about this... Smokey Bones... establishment. Do tell, please do tell...

Btw, Mark, you will be missed. Hopefully next year you can join us for a little T20.

Take care,
Flynn
Smokey Bones. Though it is a Darden's chain restaurant, it is a very good eatery.
toast.gif
Specializing in BBQ Ribs. Mmmmmmm. And all the fixings. When GenCon moved to Indy we were looking for the local version of Milwaukee's Brew City and were quite pleased. Mmmmmmmm.
Did I say "Mmmmmm"? Gorramit, I'm drooling on my keyboard again.

I'll be sorry for those who can't make GenCon while I'm still hoping to be able to. Traveller will be represented one way or another. :)

Bonni

Don't forget me, Shar Leigh. I've already got three T20 games listed in the events, so Traveller will be represented.

Personally, though, the more Traveller, the better...

-Flynn

Back