• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Motorcycle speed

themink

SOC-13
The way the rules are written, I can make a 30vl Grav vehicle which is basically a saddle plus very small garv drive plus battery.

The end result has a rediciulusly high speed (because it is only pushing itself arround rather than the person on the saddle.

IMTU I won;t allow anything with a saddle to be streamlined.

IMTU the "thrust" required for saddle vehicles is calculated upon the size of the vehicle plus 100vl per "external" crew. So the above grav stool would have a "thrust" volume of 130vl - which means the engines have to be proprotionally larger for reasonable performance - and everyone is happy again.

Do people think my ruling makes sense?

yes it makes sence...
:D
Originally posted by The Mink:
The way the rules are written, I can make a 30vl Grav vehicle which is basically a saddle plus very small garv drive plus battery.

The end result has a rediciulusly high speed (because it is only pushing itself arround rather than the person on the saddle.

IMTU I won;t allow anything with a saddle to be streamlined.

IMTU the "thrust" required for saddle vehicles is calculated upon the size of the vehicle plus 100vl per "external" crew. So the above grav stool would have a "thrust" volume of 130vl - which means the engines have to be proprotionally larger for reasonable performance - and everyone is happy again.

Do people think my ruling makes sense?

Back