• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

mass/weight

Ive noticed that in the vehicle design system there is a little problem.

you design a vehicle by its size (vl). But there is nothing about its Weight/Mass????

It may be important for some vehicles and robots.

such as when they are crossing certain terrain.
or perhaps at a bridge.

Using just the size will not work as a heavilly armored mini-tank (2000vl) has got to be much heavier than a car (2000vl). :confused:

another thing that i noticed when going through the design system is for robots.

in the old robot supliment the human sized robot was based on a 100 liter torso chasis if i remember corectly. which would be 10vl in the new system if each vl is 10 liters.

the personal service robot is 100vl wich is 10 times the size of a typical human torso.

if the perci is 100vl then that means that it is 1000 liters thats very big. A 55 gallon (liquid) barrel/drum is 189.270589 liters

so perci is the size of 264.172052 gallons.
does anyone else see the problem??

Several question here, I'll try and answer them all.

Converting vls to mass is a little more difficult because the different components have different masses.

First order: Subtract the vls allocated for passengers and cargo from the vehicle total to get the full weight of the vehicle. Example: the car you should subtract 440 (passengers) + 125 (cargo) from 2000 to get 1435kg, vs the two[?] crew, no cargo in the tank to get 1780kg.

For Perci, I see the problem. I calculated the size of my body as about 0.16 m^3. T20 design system also considers 100vl to be about the size of the human body (check the SI calculation table). This is a breakdown point for the conversion of vls to real volume. Below 250vl simply assume human size, plus or minus.

much thanks. that helps a little. at least for now. i may just build robots with the existing rules but make them in a more accurate volume/size.

Originally posted by tjoneslo:
Several question here, I'll try and answer them all.

Converting vls to mass is a little more difficult because the different components have different masses.

First order: Subtract the vls allocated for passengers and cargo from the vehicle total to get the full weight of the vehicle. Example: the car you should subtract 440 (passengers) + 125 (cargo) from 2000 to get 1435kg, vs the two[?] crew, no cargo in the tank to get 1780kg.

For Perci, I see the problem. I calculated the size of my body as about 0.16 m^3. T20 design system also considers 100vl to be about the size of the human body (check the SI calculation table). This is a breakdown point for the conversion of vls to real volume. Below 250vl simply assume human size, plus or minus.

Back