• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Ha! missed me

Eric

SOC-12
Here's the scoop. I have this character that I'm throwing at my PCs. She's a level 6 Barbarian and a level 2 Mercenary. She doesn't wear much armor but a lot of dodge points. The problem I'm having is that my PCs can't touch her with out rolling a critical hit.javascript:void(0) Now it would make sense that someone who could dance around attacks like that could avoid a critical hit to the point where it does stamina damage.
So does any one know of some rules that will let me do that or am I going to have to make them up. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

You really won't need to have rules like that. Remember that a critical hit is only achieved after:
1. Getting a critical threat (i.e. rolling a 20).
2. Hitting the defender on a second To Hit roll.

If she's as hard to hit as you say, then they won't be getting the second hit to turn the critical threat into a critical hit!

Unless he`s a Lucky B. and rolls a Double 20.

But in that case, he merited the Critical

Originally posted by Sandman:
Unless he`s a Lucky B. and rolls a Double 20.

But in that case, he merited the Critical
Esp. if the person in question has the t20 Butter Knife of DOOM when they roll two nat 20's in a row.

Hope 'yer Barbarian keeps dodging for my ex-barbarian character's sake. ;)

Casey

Hello.
In D&D (which this game is based on)herisy,sacralige, to get a critical hit you must role the crit number for the weapon or better, as an optional rule there is, you have to make the standard role but you also have to beat the armour class of the target by 5 or more (this getts around you needing to role 20 to hit and it being a crit you still have to hit twice.
There is also the rule that raw 20's will only hit 3 armour classes above what you can hit with 20 ie - BAB=5,roles 20 you can only hit AC=28 anything higher will miss regardless of the crit and you could only do crits on AC 20 or below with the second roll.
Some MONSTERS are just to big to hurt, A marine in powered battle armour should not be taken down by a person with a pocket knife (yes i know it looks good in movies but i think in real life the pocket knife is probably in the hands of a special services soldier (sas,green beret) not some punk kid.
Rant over.
BYE.

Originally posted by Lionel Deffries:
Some MONSTERS are just to big to hurt, A marine in powered battle armour should not be taken down by a person with a pocket knife (yes i know it looks good in movies but i think in real life the pocket knife is probably in the hands of a special services soldier (sas,green beret) not some punk kid.
Lionel, funnily enough the TML has been discussing butter knives vs balltedress lately. In T20 the marine in battledress is in a vehicle, one with a lot of armor - therefore the butterknife takes -5 dice of damage before doing anything else. If they get lucky with a critical, then they bypass the armor, do twice as much damage and do it to SI, with a chance of an internal hit. If they get very lucky with that, they do normal (not critical) damage to the Marine. More likely they take out a subsystem by jamming the butterknife* into it.

* The stats for the butterknife in question are actually much more like those of a standard dagger.

Originally posted by Casey:
Esp. if the person in question has the t20 Butter Knife of DOOM when they roll two nat 20's in a row.

Hope 'yer Barbarian keeps dodging for my ex-barbarian character's sake. ;)

Casey
But if it's in a BattleDress, then a whole new world of confusion and argument shall arise :D

Originally posted by Falkayn:
Lionel, funnily enough the TML has been discussing butter knives vs balltedress lately.
Hehehe... I liked that one... Made for much rule Insight.

Although there's the camp that doesn't apply the -5 dice for Vehicules for Battledress

Thanks guys, exept for the Battledress vr Butter knife thing that was just what I was looking for. Tinga is now ready to kick some PC a*#%!
file_23.gif

Back