• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Greetings from project Cephus

Hello all...
As soon as my census for the Emperor of Varroerth is complete, I'm planning a long term exploration project. A kind soul on TML has helped with the design of my ship, and construction will soon begin. I was originally planning on a rimward journey to spinward of charted space (ie following the rift past the Aslan, or the other way from the Sollies Rim Expedition)...But now, the Emperor is liking the idea, and proposes subsidy if I agree to a Coreward/Trailing expedition. As the ships cost almost a 1000 Mcr a pop, and I figure on 6 of them, I could use some support. I have one corporate sponsor, and am looking for others...
Anyone want to help out? Maybe Havacola would like to sponsor? Maybe someone knows someone with needed skills who would like to join up? Maybe you guys/gals would like to give your .02Cr on which way to go?? (I'm not going over the same route as the Zhos or Sollies...) Let me know.
We still have several months before leaving, so any thoughts would be welcome.

-MADDog

Maybe you guys/gals would like to give your .02Cr on which way to go??
Maddog, you are a very brave man asking for people to tell you where to go... especially on this forum.
file_23.gif

I may be interested in providing some sponsorship, on behalf of ARCOM Standard Shipyards.... especially if one goes somewhat near the Vargr Extents
file_22.gif

I believe Michaelson Industries, Limited of Falkenberg might be interested (though it might be able to supply personell and some fuel). Falkenberg might want a representative along, too...

Feel free to send a private message with the writeup of any person who wishes to be considered for this unique opportunity. I had originally thought of heading off spin/rimward of the Aslan/Sollies, because I had a map for several sectors thata way, plus some info on a possible major race about 800 parsecs that direction, but it looks like I'm going to go forth for Emperor Varroerth XLVI yet again....
So the final specs are due today or tomorrow for the ships, then 2 months for our shipyard to construct (the slips are waiting for final architects' drawings...) Then we are off...

-MADDog

Ship specs:

Col. Buendia Class Long Range Exploration Vessel
1200 dTons
TL 15
Cost 693.982 MCr
Jump 6
Maneuver 1
Fuel Scoops & Processor
Fuel Capacity 12 parsecs Jump + 30 days ships power
Crew 13
1 lg stateroom
15 sm staterooms
1 20 dTon Modular Cutter
2 particle Acc. turrets with 1 weapon each
1 laser turret with 3 weapons
1 sandcaster turret with 3 weapons
4 missle turrets with 3 weapons each
FULL sensor suite
Triple mk9 computers and state of the art controls

I had her designed for 2 jumps of 6 parsecs each. That way if we blundered into a bad spot, we could immediately jump back out. IT uses alot of potential cargo space, but I think the trade off is worth it for a long range exploration mission like I'm proposing. I preferred long legs over short range speed...

There are 6 of them, all being constructed in the Imperial Shipyards on Varroerth. We'll be leaving (hopefully) in 2 or 3 months, so if you want to go, just drop a line...

-MADDog

Originally posted by Granpafishy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MADDog:
I had her designed for 2 jumps of 6 parsecs each.
-MADDog
What system are you using? I thought a 6 parsec jump would require 60% of the ships displacement. </font>[/QUOTE]Probably using the optional IYTU rule of 5% fuel per parsec.

"JUMP FUEL OPTION: In campaigns where the referee wishes to make interstellar trade and commerce more economically feasible, reduce the Jump Fuel requirement by one-half." THB, p.265

Originally posted by MADDog:
As the ships cost almost a 1000 Mcr a pop, and I figure on 6 of them, I could use some support. I have one corporate sponsor, and am looking for others...
Anyone want to help out? Maybe Havacola would like to sponsor?
I hear Alpo of Terra and Purina have volunteered to provide emergency rations for Vargr crew.
file_23.gif

Originally posted by Tanuki:
I hear Alpo of Terra and Purina have volunteered to provide emergency rations for Vargr crew.
file_23.gif
Maddog, I don't have any idea who might have posted such a comment under my name, but I assure you that there will be a thorough investigation and the perpetrator will be punished.

Oh, I am SO embarrassed. :confused:

Sure...
Varroerth - The capital of the Empire of Varroerth. It is the largest interstellar state in the Vargr Extents. Spanning parts of 11 sectors, the Empire was founded in the Year (Imperial) 25. The current ruler is Varroerth XLVI. He rules a diverse group through the use of His 20 regional governors.
The capital lies in the Aenael subsector (G) of Ngathksirz Sector (coreward of Provence, which in turn is coreward of Corridor)
</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> Varroerth 2017 A697A3D-G G Hi 402 Ve </pre>[/QUOTE]If I ever get the last alien Contact written for the sector, I'll post it...(It's a religious autocracy and the WBH gave me a philisophical Athiest as a god view...?????? I have an idea, but I worked on stuff for the Washington County Fair instead this weekend...sorry)

-MADDog

Originally posted by Tanuki:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Granpafishy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MADDog:
I had her designed for 2 jumps of 6 parsecs each.
-MADDog
What system are you using? I thought a 6 parsec jump would require 60% of the ships displacement. </font>[/QUOTE]Probably using the optional IYTU rule of 5% fuel per parsec.

"JUMP FUEL OPTION: In campaigns where the referee wishes to make interstellar trade and commerce more economically feasible, reduce the Jump Fuel requirement by one-half." THB, p.265
</font>[/QUOTE]nope...
Standard MT build rules
5X the Jump Drive or 67.5 kl per jump unit... 12 parsecs takes up a lot of space (I'm left with a mere 603,595 kl of cargo in a 1200 dTon hull) but It's what I wanted
:D

-MADDog

For those who don't know...

Varroerth
Aenael Subsector of Ngathksirz Sector
Coordinates: 2017 (G0407)
UWP: A697A3D-G G Hi 402 Ve F7 V K4 V
Population: 45,096,654,940

Varroerth is the capital of the Empire of Varroerth. The Empire is a large multi-sector empire spanning into 11 sectors. It is the largest Vargr state in the Extents. The capital is known for several interesting features -
The Emperial Shipyards produces some of the most advanced ships in all the Vargr Extents. The Royal Polytechnic is one of the best Vargr universities, and its library includes one of only five copies of the Angkarr, the definitive culural epic of the Vargr race. Millions of visitors each year come to Varroerth to visit the magnificent palace grounds, and also to see
the mighty Orbital Tower of Varroerth - one of the few beanstalks in charted space.

Empire of Varroerth

The Empire of Varroerth is the largest and oldest Vargr state in the Extents. Based in Ngathksirz sector, with its capital on Varroerth, the Empire is ruled primarily from its twenty regional governorships. Culture, like the government within the Empire, varies to quite an extent.
26 years after Cleon announced the birth of the Third Imperium, the Empire of Varroerth was founded. Varroerth was a Vargr of great charisma. Starting in Ngathksirz, his forces gobbled up the surrounding star systems and eventually expanded into other sectors. Continued expansion fueled the Empire's prosperity for several centuries. Until 777, the Empire included the Vargr homeworld of Lair. As time rolls on, worlds come into and exit the Empire, and Lair was no exception.
Current expansion occurs at the Empire's frontier. Areas towards the Third Imperium, Tuglikki, Provence, and Windhorn, have been added recently. Other areas showing promise are the sectors of Ksinanirz and Zao Kfeng Ig Grilokh.
Expansion is at the direction of the regional governors, and some have proven themselves more competent than others. Military strife has been
known to occur between governors, much to the Emperor's displeasure.
There are several corsair groups with quite a bit of power operating inside the Empire. The corsairs are given right to exist as long as they pay homage to the Emperor and what the Empire represents. All members of the Empire remain dedicated to the proposition of a charasmatic emperor, even while maintaining their own unique cultures, societies, and customs.

The sector of Ngathksirz is ruled from the capital at Varroerth as well as two regional governor capitals at Omakgheg (2840) and Bhabraehzakh (1116). There are two minor alien races in the sector, both lying outside the Empire. Ruies (0420) is the homeworld of the Ref'iib, while Datu (0223) is home to the Blopud.
There are two worlds belonging to the Lair Protectorate - Khaevu and Kaarlag. The Protectorate was part of the Empire of Varroerth until 3rd Imperium Year 777...

I thought about quoting from the Angkarr, as it is a very wonderous book, but at 6803 pages, it is a tad long... :D
-MADDog

MADDog, am I correct in reading between the lines that this is a PBeM and you are recruiting for some players?

Secondly, if one wished to offer a candidate, which system? (Sounds like MT... which suits me more than fine)

Thirdly, not to be a critic, but why missile racks? Missiles take up space and are harder to replace in the wilds than say... fuel...which is all you need to power lasers, PA, or Fusion guns. Missile racks seem like a not so hot design for such a beast. You've also given her pretty weak legs, no? 1G.... not winning any footraces.

Originally posted by kaladorn:
MADDog, am I correct in reading between the lines that this is a PBeM and you are recruiting for some players?
Thirdly, not to be a critic, but why missile racks? Missiles take up space and are harder to replace in the wilds than say... fuel...which is all you need to power lasers, PA, or Fusion guns. Missile racks seem like a not so hot design for such a beast. You've also given her pretty weak legs, no? 1G.... not winning any footraces.
Sorry...as much as I'd like to, I don't have the time for a PbEm game right now...I'm just being lazy on generating characters ;)
Missle Racks - they use almost no power...To cram 12 parsecs of fuel even under MT rules means there is little space left for big power plants...Same with the 1G manuver drive - There just isn't any room - a 1200 dton ship that ends up with only 13 staterooms...and a huge 20 dton ships cutter...There just isn't enough space if I want to have the length of reach...I would rather do an immediate jump out to 6 parsecs than tangle with big things...As an exploration mission, I didn't want to look like a SD coming to visit (conquer)...So I kept the teeth to the amount for self defense, but not to look scary - a 1200 dton ship COULD bristle with big guns...I would like to have had more energy mounts vs. missles, but the energy budget wouldn't support them...

-MADDog

Back