• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Grav Vehicles, Grav Drives

Well, 100 kph is 62.5 mph, freeway speed, so a ragtop option is certainly practical. I'd certainly try to argue a gamemaster into allowing it. It beats getting your seats soaked. I hate soaked seats.

Soaked, or cooked (think in terms of old-school vinyl seats in Arizona summers). If I were refereeing, I'd assume at least a synthetic-canvas-analog top for the passenger section, if not the cargo bed as well.

Related: Do Vacc Suits (or other environmental suits) have self-clearing helmet visors? Try riding a motorcycle in the rain sometime...

I think it was in Dumarest where they're mentioned to be open topped.

Also, Luke's speeder might also have been an inspiration.

No idea of the context. Found it on a motorcycle forum.

1712237214_23.gif

We're tech level 8 now, baby!

Image credit: MotoChuck250 on ADVRider.com.

(Future-proofing against link-rot) It's a linked *.gif animation of a small group of skydivers playing with (sitting on) an inflatable raft during a jump.

Last edited:
No idea of the context. Found it on a motorcycle forum.

1712237214_23.gif

Image credit: MotoChuck250 on ADVRider.com.

(Future-proofing against link-rot) It's a linked *.gif animation of a small group of skydivers playing with (sitting on) an inflatable raft during a jump.
That’s a head collision begging to happen.

1712237214_23.gif

Yeah, I think I'd want something a little more substantial for my surface-to-orbit capable "raft".
. . .

So do you think they are violating any traffic-flight regulations by overloading their passenger compartment beyond the Imperial-mandated load-capacity? Those DIY Grav Vehicle kits are usually frowned upon by authorities . . .

Back