• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Gen Con Cometh.

So a show of hands, whos going to be there and do we need a CoTI rally point? I know I am a trader (and traitor) and such so I'll be in the SJGames booth hawking at least some form of Traveller (GURPS hack-phooey). Do I Raise the Imperial Banner as a rally point, or do we all just pick a spot and poke fun at those not here? Since I am begining the loading of said truck, it's just been on my mind.

Captain, I'll at least drop by your booth, as well as the ENnies booth.
I know that at least three, maybe four others from the T20 PBEM I'm in will be in attendance, or at least, were planning on it last I heard.

Look for the stocky redhead in the Bray Keaven shirt,
Flynn

Originally posted by Flynn:
Captain, I'll at least drop by your booth, as well as the ENnies booth.
I know that at least three, maybe four others from the T20 PBEM I'm in will be in attendance, or at least, were planning on it last I heard.

Look for the stocky redhead in the Bray Keaven shirt,
Flynn
I'm trying to talk Jim and maybe Cathy into joining us for the pickup game as well as hanging around with a generic ticket in case of a no show at your games.

I'm counting 4 from our PBEM at GenCon: me, you, Paraquat, and Jim.

I'm really trying to push the shirt people to have the Bray Keaven shirts ready by GenCon (at least the ones for you, Jim, and me). Sounding like only even odds, unfortunately.

Ron

I am looking at running two T20 games at the con. I'll be at the ENnies booth (which will be outside the convention hall, probably not far from the infamous "Klingon Jail") friday and saturday from 12-2. The games are tenatively scheduled from 2:30 to 6:30 Friday and Saturday. That should give you folks with games on those nights half an hour to grab food on the way to your next game. Sorry, my watch keeps me from taking it sooner.

Please feel free to sign up or "express interest" in either slot, but please come by and confirm at the ENnies booth beforehand and so we can gather to find a location (if the open gaming area is as pathetic as it was last year, it will be in my hotel room across the street)

Of the two games, Friday is firmer. Saturday is being driven by my fellow ennies judges.

Signups:
Friday Game
1. Flynn
2. Ron Vutpakdi (?)
3. Eltern
4-6 empty

Saturday Game
1. Teflon Billy
2. Buttercup
3-6 empty

*Picks up Motorola Talk-About Radio. Holds over head. Driven by emotion, I tremble and scream into the mike, "CONNNNNNNN!"*

GenCon Indy take two.

I will be on station at the NBOS booth as usual. Check us out and see if Astro Mapper is Traveller worthy.

I usually don't have time for gaming, but one never knows.

Also, I am still searching for a good BBQ place. Wings and Ribs. (A hearty womp upside the head for the first person that says BW3) If any of yinz made it to Miliwaukee, I'm looking for a place on par with Brew City or Zorba's (in 'tosa)

Not that I am singling anyone Out, but...

Maspy, you come find me!
I owe you beer for that little job over Arden Still!

Originally posted by Maspy:
*Picks up Motorola Talk-About Radio. Holds over head. Driven by emotion, I tremble and scream into the mike, "CONNNNNNNN!"*

GenCon Indy take two.

I will be on station at the NBOS booth as usual. Check us out and see if Astro Mapper is Traveller worthy.

I usually don't have time for gaming, but one never knows.

Also, I am still searching for a good BBQ place. Wings and Ribs. (A hearty womp upside the head for the first person that says BW3) If any of yinz made it to Miliwaukee, I'm looking for a place on par with Brew City or Zorba's (in 'tosa)

You bet!

I'll be wearing my normal Con garb. Hawaiian shirt, cargo shorts and the typical swagger of a person who has been on his feet all day. (I've found that wading in the fountains outside the convention hall is quite refreshing.)

Originally posted by Mark A. Siefert:
GAH! I can't take it! I'm going this year!

I'll be there Friday-Sunday. I hope to see you guys there.
OK, it looks like we need to have a crew reunion.

And since a good sign of command is the proper Delegation of duty... I here by assign Maspy to do the recon and find a proper place to do this.

Man, it's getting close! Two days away (and tomorrow, I'm flying up early to do a little pre-GenCon gaming with some old buddies of mine!)

Looking forward to this little vacation,
Flynn

Oh the terrible lament of the fact that I wont be there! Well, there's always next year!

Have fun you guys and be sure to let all of us who had to stay home know how it went. We expect a full report!

John

Ah, GenCon has come and gone. If you want an indepth review, I'm not your man. If you are looking to save a bundle on parking at GenCon then come see me. I'd tell you my secret, but... Nah!

Con Babe: The Stormtrooperette!!! All hail the Emperor! With stormtrooper uniforms, and a mid-rif, like hers, recruitment will be at an all time high.

Guest Babe: Erin Gray...Baby, you still got it!

Dancin' Babe: Tie between Trinity & Honey, from dahn at the Red Garter. We should make them duke it out to see who gets to be on top.

It was interesting to pick up a Dragon Magazine on Thursday morning and read how D&D's 30th Anniversary dominated the Con.(???) And how it's 30th Anniversary party, Thursday night at the Pan Am Plaza was the highlight. We asked the guys at Paizo Publishing if they could give us Thursday nights lottery numbers, too. They weren't amused.

There are no doughnut shops in the city limits of Indianapolis. And very few Pizza shops.

Back