• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Deckplans done right!

Damn Fine! Hunter, get this man to design your version of Fighting Ships and we will have a winning product!

Thanks, guys. Glad you like them. I'm still trying to find time to finish this one - aswell as the Scout and several other projects!!

Sadly, even if Hunter wanted me to do any work for him, I doubt wether I could work to anywhere near the speed he would require.

I'll be sure to post here if I have anything new to show

Crow

I particularly like the drives, they have a certain 19th century asthetic to them... I'd be quite happy to know a jump drive had at least a few clutches, bearings and purge valves.

Scarecrow,

That was pretty sweet! Nice work! It definitely adds flavor and atmosphere to ship deckplans. Looking forward to others as you have the time and inclination.

Happy New Year,
Flynn

Originally posted by Rodina:
I particularly like the drives, they have a certain 19th century asthetic to them...
Well, that wasn't really my intention but I can see what you mean.
I felt that starship engines (sublight or superluminal) should be incredibly complex affairs, equal to or more complex than the jet engines of today. I set about locating all the photographic material that I could of jet engines and even car engines and montaging them in photoshop.

All the textures are done in a very similar way to game textures. Very little of the plans are hand drawn but very little of the textures used in the plans are also in their original state.

Did you all look at the two AVI's that accompany the plans?

Regards

Crow

Back