• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Cmbt Env Suits & Combo masks

plop101

Absent Friend
I've come to ask the T20 Gods a question:

The TL10 Combat Environment Suit is listed as having the ability to protect against 'tainted' atmospheres [just as it was in CT and MT]. Strictly speaking, thats atmospheres 4,7, and 9.

The TL10 Combination mask as shown in the last Megatraveller Journal was said to protect against atmospheres 2,3,4,7, and 9. The Combination mask as described in T20 [page212] is similar in capability.

Now, here's what I'm wondering... If I get a CES, would a Combination mask be integral with it, or do I have to purchase the Combination mask seperatly as an add-on to the suit?

Originally posted by plop101:
I've come to ask the T20 Gods a question:

The TL10 Combat Environment Suit is listed as having the ability to protect against 'tainted' atmospheres [just as it was in CT and MT]. Strictly speaking, thats atmospheres 4,7, and 9.

The TL10 Combination mask as shown in the last Megatraveller Journal was said to protect against atmospheres 2,3,4,7, and 9. The Combination mask as described in T20 [page212] is similar in capability.

Now, here's what I'm wondering... If I get a CES, would a Combination mask be integral with it, or do I have to purchase the Combination mask seperatly as an add-on to the suit?
Seems to me that you need a different part for the CES. The stock CES comes with the equivalent of a filter mask; the respirator needed for very thin atmospheres is an optional extra. If you want the combination mask and don't need the simpler filter separately, I'd pay the difference in cost. Otherwise, buy both.

A CES is equivalent to an armored spacesuit in the game I'm playing. So in the OTU (and whatever you do, don't call me an OTUtaku), what would be an armored vacc suit?

Originally posted by Jame:
A CES is equivalent to an armored spacesuit in the game I'm playing. So in the OTU (and whatever you do, don't call me an OTUtaku), what would be an armored vacc suit?
Combat Armor

or for non-military uses, the Hostile Environment Vacc Suit

Back