• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Battle Rider: Contents

elbmc1969

SOC-12
Did Battle Rider include any Zhodani ships? The two countersheet scans only seem to show Imperial designs.

Also, did BR come with a book detailing the ships design (including illustrations) like Brilliant Lances? Specifically, are there any illustrations of Zhodani ships in the books?

No, and no, unfortunately. :(
If you are looking for illustrations of Zhodani captial ships, though, try these:

TM_TenShips_i.jpg

On the left are miniatures of the Zhodani ships in Power Projection: Fleet. From largest to smallest: 480000 ton Iadiadlsiz class Fleet Tankes (two bases, not yet produced), 200000 ton Viepchakl class Battleship, 52000 ton Kefchenzh class Armored Cruiser, 14000 ton Zhdavldlits class Light Cruiser, 4000 ton Zhdiak class Destroyer.
They can be ordered from Ad Astra Games. High Guard Stats can be found on the Traveller Full Thrust yahoogroup, or I can post them here if desired.

P.S.: If you download the files from the yahoo group, you may notice that these have some crude silhouette illustrations (by me) which occasionally show a superficial resemblance to the minis. ;)

Thanks, Tobias. Unfortunately, I was looking for Zhodani ship illustrations for the use of the guy who did those models!
file_21.gif

Thanks, Tobias. Unfortunately, I was looking for Zhodani ship illustrations for the use of the guy who did those models!
file_21.gif

Brilliant Lances does depict several Zhodani ships, but nothing really in the Capital range. You may also have some luck in the Regency Sourcebook for TNE.

Most of the pictured Zhodani ships originated in FASA products, and a couple of those are not reproduced in Brilliant Lances. You would want to look at the two volumes of Adventure Class Ships. There was also the Vlezhdatl in it's own release from FASA, but it was covered in Brilliant Lances.

In general, for capital ships, you're on your own, though Zhodani ships (as drawn by the Keith brothers) tended to follow a particular set of architectural tendencies.

Back