• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

2300AD Starship Miniatures

Spire

SOC-5
I was just cruising thru the www, and got to thinking about starship minis for Star Cruiser/2300AD. Any chance we might see some this time around?

Table-tennis balls, golf tees and black paint not good enough :confused:
file_21.gif

Seriously though I would like to second your call for T2320 minatures, but I would also like to see CT ship minatures re-issued.

Table-tennis balls, golf tees and black paint not good enough
One better, started playing with dowel rod to make minis. Finished a prototype Kennedy-class cruiser in about 20 min. last nite. Just isn't the same though... :(

2300AD had such great art, especially for the starships. Wood chips just don't cut it.

For scale I think 1/1200 wouldn't be bad.

Kennedy: 70m=~2.25" l, ~.6" d at largest (21m)
Aconit: ~40m=~1.33" l, ~.6" d at largest (21m)
FS-17A: 12m=~.4" l, ~.2" d (6m)

The only real problems would be ships like the Richelieu-class BBs and Kafer BBs. These would most likely be in the range of 5-6" or more. I'd have to crunch some more math to be more accurate than that. Had rough hull sizes for these handy.

Originally posted by Spire:
I was just cruising thru the www, and got to thinking about starship minis for Star Cruiser/2300AD. Any chance we might see some this time around?
Here here! If I've said it once, I'll say it a million times: What the gaming market needs is a line of "near-future" space craft miniatures. The only thing that really comes close are the ship figures from "Jovian Chronicles."

Originally posted by Mark A. Siefert:
The only thing that really comes close are the ship figures from "Jovian Chronicles."
That's because JC is a fairly realistic NSF setting, in both senses (Near as in near future, and Near as in more than 3 breaks, but all minor ones... not even a hyper drive.).

Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
Table-tennis balls, golf tees and black paint not good enough :confused:
file_21.gif

Seriously though I would like to second your call for T2320 minatures, but I would also like to see CT ship minatures re-issued.
Actually, I use ping-pong balls mounted on flight stands for boggey markers myself.

We'd all like to see minis for Traveller, and not just starships. I've looked high and low and I can't find anything that could be used for a Aslan or Vargr figure. Nope, not a thing.

I think they're for the Full Thrust miniatures game. I could be mistaken though.

The super dreadnoughts towards the bottom of the page are very nice.

They are indeed Full Thrust. You can find mor images at www.star-ranger.com in the Full Thrust section.

GZG (Ground Zero Games) also do a nice range of true 25mm and 15mm figures and resin vehicles that work well for 2300ad - take a look at the Kra'vak, a sort of cross between prdeators and Kafers.

G.

Originally posted by GJD:
They are indeed Full Thrust. You can find mor images at www.star-ranger.com in the Full Thrust section.

GZG (Ground Zero Games) also do a nice range of true 25mm and 15mm figures and resin vehicles that work well for 2300ad - take a look at the Kra'vak, a sort of cross between prdeators and Kafers.

G.
I happen to play FT using counters, myself, but yeah, GZG does a great line of minis. and there ARE 15mm wolfen minis for modern and fantasy out there.

go check "The Miniatures Page" www.theminiaturespage.com The Miniatures Page

Thanks for the links. I've seen some of the FT line, but not those. I especially like the SCN Website.

I'm going to look through them and see if there is anything close to Star Cruiser ships that I like or could easily convert. Then again, I might just keep playing around with my dowel rod creations. I think if I keep at it, I'll get them to look better. My second "sculpture" looks a little better than the first. Not quite in scale, as I'm just playing right now with scraps I had handy. But the more I play...

-MCM

Back