• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

2300 ... 2320 ... 2300...

This is one of those games that has always appealed to me. I just freakin' love the universe.

It's got that Aliens vibe. I can see a group of Colonial Marines rushin' in and having a bad day. "Game over, dude! Game over!"

It's a little more "lower tech" feeling than Classic Traveller. Where Traveller has more of a space opera feel with a hard science bent, the 2300 universe has got that real militaristic, bug hunt, men-goin'-in rush.

So, why have I never played it? I've never run it. I've never played in a game where a GM was running it. All I've done is read it.

I guess CT is at fault. I get in the mood for a space game, it's usually either Star Wars or Classic Trav.

I'm not a fan of the d20 system, so that's a turn-off too. If I played, I'd probably use the original mechanics system.

These days, I don't have time to devote to more than one game.

But, I'm going to have to make a note to myself. Next time I try to start a new campaign, I need to give the 2300 universe a try.

Plop in Alien. Plop in Aliens. Plop in Blade Runner. Plop in Outland. Watch 'em all. Get sugared up on Coca-Cola. And give old 2300 a try.

It sure looks like a deserving universe.

S4

I'm not familiar with the D/T20 rule set so I've been using Twilight2000v1 as a rule set. It works brilliantly. IMHO.

I've been using Fuzion. The rules use 0-10 for skills, so I kept all the careers more or less the same, and just gave them equal points to buy perks and talents each turning point, allowing them to add 1 complication per term. I'll probably have a whack at converting some of the weapons over, but for the time bing I just used generic equivalents - heavy pistol for a P-11, assault rifle for AS-89 etc...

G.

I don't have a problem with D20. It's a popular system so the chances of me finding players is pretty good. However, I find the idea of a Fuzion 2320 AD intriguing.

I set the points levels low, for a gritty, realistic game (45 points I think).

I'll use the racial creation rules from Shards of Stone to whip up templates for the aliens, or maybe take a look at Atomik Alienz.

I have the G^3 Fuzion plug-in as well, to re-create the weapons.

The next biggie is vehicles, which I'll probably have a bash at using Mekton Zeta, adjusting the space efficency rules to make weapons less efficent (they're farrrr to compact in MZ) and upping the "waste space" requirements.

G.

GJD: just a query...

Fuzion isn't a system, per se, but a series of systems built from a hybrid of RTG's interlock (which is 1-10 based) and Hero Games's Hero System, which isn't...

Some Fuzion systems are more towards the Hero system's side (Sengokyu comes immediately to mind)... which Fusion system have you based off of?

Originally posted by Aramis:
GJD: just a query...

Fuzion isn't a system, per se, but a series of systems built from a hybrid of RTG's interlock (which is 1-10 based) and Hero Games's Hero System, which isn't...

Some Fuzion systems are more towards the Hero system's side (Sengokyu comes immediately to mind)... which Fusion system have you based off of?
Fuzion did indeed evolve from Interlock and Hero system, through Bubblegum Crisis and Champions - where much of the tweaking was done - but there is a core fuzion system. The core rulebook was published a little while ago, and the core rules are available to download from a variety of places.

I'm using the core rules, with a few add-ins from the version presented in Lightspeed ('cos I write for that).

G.

Core Fuzion

Originally posted by GJD:
(snip)
I'm using the core rules, with a few add-ins from the version presented in Lightspeed ('cos I write for that).

:D Me too. (Planets of the Interstellar Era)

Originally posted by Colin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GJD:
(snip)

:D Me too. (Planets of the Interstellar Era) </font>[/QUOTE]Cargo Manifest and bits in Old Earth Empires

GJD: That looks a lot more like the interlock side than say, sengokyu does. Lot fewer options and a lot more Rules in the new versions of Fuzion core.

I'm looking at using Twilight 2.2/ TNE. It's in my players comfort zone. My other thought was to use the original 2300AD rules, but that would be too easy.

As I recall, there was a Challenge article that gave TNE stats for the 2300AD core systems and surrounding stars.

G.

The table at the beginning of the Frontier Worlds chapter in 2320AD gives the Traveller UWP for the various colonies and outposts.

I am currently running 2300AD, using the original rules with only a couple of tweaks (to make PCs less invulnerable to damage and streamline character generation a bit). I draw some additional equipment (particularly electronics) from the Central Supply Catelog from T4.

As a point of interest, Mongoose will soon be releasing SpaceQuest based on the RuneQuest rules as a generic rule set. I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to use them for 2320AD.

Back