• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Zhodani

kafka47

SOC-14 5K
Marquis
I know that there is a whole lot of Vargr between the Consulate and the T20 home sectors...

What will be the role of the Zhodani in T20? Vilains a la pre-Alien Module CT or early MT (here I am thinking of DGP's stuff) or enlightened emmissaries a la FASA, Ordeal on Eshar & Alien Realms?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kafka47:
I know that there is a whole lot of Vargr between the Consulate and the T20 home sectors...

What will be the role of the Zhodani in T20? Vilains a la pre-Alien Module CT or early MT (here I am thinking of DGP's stuff) or enlightened emmissaries a la FASA, Ordeal on Eshar & Alien Realms?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The evil mind ripping scum are portrayed in a fair and balanced light as the villians they are.

I liked the way the original CT Zhodani book portrayed them: it depended entirely on viewpoint. From a Zhodani's viewpoint, their culture of "reprogramming" is a way to happiness for all citizens. Of course, this is very sinister to members of the Imperium. And really, each is right from their own viewpoint.

The default T20 era falls just after the 3rd Frontier War (the first such in 300 years), meaning that Imperial paranoia regarding the Zhodani will be a bit higher than it had been before, but not much different than found in most of the CT era (which followed the 5th FW).

The Zhodani themselves don't change much, by comparison.

I agree with Gypsy Comet. Not only the Frontier War would increase Imperial paranoia but the Zhodani Society, due to its psionic linkage, is much less flexible and will change very slowly.

But, surely Gateway the default Domain for T20 will be somewhat more immune. Because, if I remember Lords of Thunder correctly that the 3I influence is miminal. I will agree that CT module ought to be preserved but it would be fun to see how the Zhos would venture back into Imperial space as ambassadors of peace. I figure that the 3i has its hands full with the Rim war therefore, I think, that T20 allows for great exploration of the Zhodani as the Other.

Certainly Gateway will not really be affected by the Frontier Wars OR the Rim War, nor should they be except via the usual over-reactions to over-filtered news. Most Gateway natives wouldn't recognize a Zhodani standing in front of them.

Nonetheless, T20 is *also* the "era book" for its time, so it must address the State of the Imperium, regardless of which corner of the Imperium it calls home. This means talking about all the major races at some point, and how they relate to *this* setting.

GypsyComet posted this recently:

"Certainly Gateway will not really be affected by the Frontier Wars OR the Rim War, nor should they be except via the usual over-reactions to over-filtered news. Most Gateway natives wouldn't recognize a Zhodani standing in front of them."

I have to agree, considering that I have a friend, if one were to put him in a turban could pass for a Zhodani...unless you feel that someone 6'6", with olive skin and weighing about 180 lbs wouldn't pass. He's even had all of his wisdom teeth removed, so he has the required 28 teeth.
smile.gif
Never asked him if he was psionic though, although with all due respect to him, I suspect he might come closer to being a prole then an intendant or a noble.
smile.gif

Your favorite mad Emperor, Cleon III

------------------
It is not I who am crazy, it's I who am mad!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cleon the Mad:
GypsyComet posted this recently:
I have to agree, considering that I have a friend, if one were to put him in a turban could pass for a Zhodani...unless you feel that someone 6'6", with olive skin and weighing about 180 lbs wouldn't pass. He's even had all of his wisdom teeth removed, so he has the required 28 teeth.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still has too many teeth. We have 16 top and bottom without the wisdom.
Pull out four more and we'll see if your friend passes the test.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mused:
Still has too many teeth. We have 16 top and bottom without the wisdom.
Pull out four more and we'll see if your friend passes the test.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd do so: 22 teeth (two obviously removed recently, rest gone so long they no longer show up as missing on x-rays)...slightly swarthy, 6'3"...

As for the Zhodani and the 3FW: The 3FW is not "Recent" to the setting. The Rim War is curent to the setting. Any zhodani present are likely simply travelling for fun or profit, not perfidy.

------------------
-aramis
=============================================
Smith & Wesson: The Original Point and Click interface!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aramis:

As for the Zhodani and the 3FW: The 3FW is not "Recent" to the setting. The Rim War is curent to the setting. Any zhodani present are likely simply travelling for fun or profit, not perfidy.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes they would. The Zhodani have long term goals. Although the Frontier Wars have not defeated the Imperium it has arrested its growth. Which was the goal in the long term.

The Imperium goes for short term goals, the Zhodani (and Hivers) for the long

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cleon the Mad:
Never asked him if he was psionic though,

Your favorite mad Emperor, Cleon III

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's 'cause he's been in your mind and programmed you not to!

------------------
Paul

Back