• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Which Traveller GM Screen is the best?

In terms of practicality and wow factor.

I don't care for the tables (unless they're CT, but the Judges Guild screen is an ugly duckling). It should simply work as a barrier and have a good image on the outside.

The GT screen looks good... but is it a three-panel screen (much preferred)? Or two separate ones that you're supposed to glue together (bleh)?

The referee for my current game uses the TNE screen, a Star Trek from FASA screen and the GURPS 4E screen. It's more for barrier purposes than anything else.

The previous referee used something like a three-segment ring-binder with his own tables printed out and slipped in.

I might create my own, with a difficulties table, a ports/encounters table, a weapon range/damage/penetration and armors table and a price list (which may go on the outside for players' reference).

I use my laptop.

Still looking for someone to give me guidance on how to build my own out of plastics so that I could have it tailored to whatever game, I choose to play. I need sizes for a 8 panel screen, recommend thicknesses, material type and a local manuacturer combined with some microhinges should do the rest.

It'd be great to have a FtF group to hide stuff from.

I still have my thirty year old dog-eared homebrew - a sheet of black card with photocopied and typed tables glued to the inside and a strip of red pinstriping tape and the 'approved for use with Traveller' sticker from the wrapper of an early supplement stuck to the outside.

I couldn't cope with a commercial screen - too many house rules. The inside of the thing looks like a used billboard. :)

Last edited:
I use the Judges Guild, it's best CT I've seen. I used to use it attached to a presentation screen. Recently, a stopped using a screen & loaded the JG screens into a notebook.
I've liked the look of the MT & the T4 screens, though.

Screens I've used

I've used the judges guild ct screen , and found it to be the most practical. The gurps Traveller screen looks like a big vesion of the little black books. Right now I use the T4 screen for the same reason I used the ct screen It has proven so practical that I don't need to refer to the books All the info I need is on the (Referee's side ) of the screen. By far however the prize ,for the prettiest screen goes to T20 but then the artwork was about all I liked about T20. It being My First GM screen , I have a certain amount of affection for the ol' "green monster"

Back