• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Ursa

Savar

SOC-12
now I only have T20 Travellers and I can not find a referance for this topic in it.

Do Ursa have apposable thumbs ?

If not what would be the best way to deal with the lack there of on a PC ?

file_22.gif

Originally posted by Savar:
now I only have T20 Travellers and I can not find a referance for this topic in it.

Do Ursa have apposable thumbs ?
Good question. I would say yes, they would have opposable thumbs, but that's just a guess.

If not what would be the best way to deal with the lack there of on a PC?
Role playing?

If you want the "reality-based" answer, I have no idea.

If you want the pure game-mechanics answer, then YES, they definately have opposable thumbs, because nowhere in their description does it state they cannot use tools or learn skills that require hands. It does say they have claws, and if memory serves, they have a Dex penalty (-2?) so presumably their hands are clumsier than human ones.

This viewpoint doesn't hold for various non-PC races/species. For example, nowhere does it state that a normal wolf can't use tools or learn skills that require hands, either, but for PC races/species, I'll hold that as an absolute.

I'm assuming they do. I once played an Urso (granted only for two game sessions) and she was a Belter who was also the pilot for the group. The GM didn't complain about me using tools or flying the ship.

It was just an observation :D
thought I would ask

it was a thought because they where an uplift race and done by humans rahter then some other more advanced race.

Will assume they have them also.

Back