• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Updated Traveller Timeline

DonM

Marquis
I've finally finished a first draft of a complete redo of the Traveller Integrated Timeline, and posted the pdf (it's only 120+ pages, it's a short read)

Anyway, I'm needing to know what's broken or messed up, and if the changes I've made are even decent.

Don's Traveller Page.

You might also checkout the updated Sector information page, or if you're into MT, the updated errata pdf.

Thanks for the heads-up.

For whatever it's worth to you, I use the original timeline quite often as a reference - your work is most appreciated.

Thanks! If you find something that looks or feels odd in the new document, let me know.

I printed the whole thing off - it's a really excellent document, and will most definitely come in handy for my current project. All of your hard work is greatly appreciated, Don :D

Originally posted by Gruffty:
I printed the whole thing off - it's a really excellent document, and will most definitely come in handy for my current project. All of your hard work is greatly appreciated, Don :D
In fact, I think it deserves an invite, don't you? ;)

Don,

I'm still going on the Traveller Timeline Addendum - a new version was posted on the 8th on www.mega-traveller.com

New sources:
- MT: Assignment Vigilante
- MT: Astrogator's Guide to the Diaspora Sector
- MT: Arrival Vengance
- MT: Imperiallines #1
- TNE: World Tamer's Handbook
- T4: Aliens Archive
- GURPS: JTAS-online (Feb 2000 to Dec 2001)

What sources are you still looking for data from?

Cheers,

Ken Barns

All of those books are in the update; although anything in T4 Aliens is in from the contact writeups in JTAS/Challenge.

The GURPS JTAS Online I don't have a current source for.

My apologies - I am holding a copy of T4 Alien Archive. Not very impressed. Could be worse - could have more David Pulver creations in it.

Fab. job Dan, now all the remains is recoiling the different time streams that GT and 1248 postulate. And the dangled thing called the Rebellion...I pity the poor sod who has to do that. Wait, I a minute, that Leighton, poor sod indeed.

I agree about T4:Alien Archive. The aliens themselves aren't too shabby, but one needs to put a few square pegs into round holes to fit them into the Traveller back story. Not to mention the difficulty of defining dates when the text uses "(n) many thousand years ago" - is that counting back from 1110 or from 0? With either assumption there are some anachronisms.

For example: "The Bye-Ren... are transplanted Vilani settlers from early in the First Imperium." "[They] were of mixed Vilani and Solomani stock, a mix... common across the First Imperium."

And who the heck decided the Bwaps were from anywhere in Old Expanses???

Cheers,

Ken B

Well, version 2.1 is up; I just can't bring myself to add any material from T4's Alien Archive to the document, but there's a lot of everything else in there.

Still ends at 1115; I've got a complete MT collection, and it is my preferred ruleset; but the timeline is so depressing.

Originally posted by DonM:
Trying to think of where to go next... Any suggestions?
I'll play Devil's Advocate and reply with the obvious:

Nice work, BTW. You have my thanks, though you're just getting to the part I usually care about...
file_23.gif

Back