• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Traveller apps for the Palm OS?

Hey, all. Anybody know of any Traveller apps written for the Palm OS, be they freeware, shareware, whatever? I do a lot of my Traveller campaign work on a Palm IIIxe and a Dana, and sure wouldn't mind picking up a few more pertinent apps besides the neato little dice roller program I have. Thanks in advance!

Bill
Have FGMP, will travel

Originally posted by Bill Coffin:
Hey, all. Anybody know of any Traveller apps written for the Palm OS, be they freeware, shareware, whatever? I do a lot of my Traveller campaign work on a Palm IIIxe and a Dana, and sure wouldn't mind picking up a few more pertinent apps besides the neato little dice roller program I have. Thanks in advance!

Bill
Have FGMP, will travel
Unfortunately, I haven`t been able to find some myself. And I`ve search for weeks. :(

There are barely more than dice rollers when you search RPG proggies for Palm...

There was a nice little Traveller character app for Palm a little while back. I think the person even made an attempt at converting it to T20. I liked it but it was trialware so after the trial I went to see if it had been updated and the small bugs fixed and it was gone. I mean the source site and even the links to it on other download sites. I figured someone didn't like the possible copyright infringement and issued a cease and desist. Pity as I was looking forward to everybody beaming die rolls and messages back and forth and updating all the character's at the end of the evening with a couple clicks of my infrared equipped laptop. Sigh, no 21st C. T20 yet I'm afraid.

well, if you like a challenge...
My copy of Galactic 2.4c came with the Basic source code...I'm sure Jim wouldn't mind if you dropped him a note and then ported it over to your Palm...I was thinking of doing the same thing for my Pocket PC, but I don't have any dough for a copy of Visual Basic that the SDK needs to be able to compile...
just a thought...
-MADDog

Back