• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Traveller Adventures For NON-Traveller GM

Hi Traveller Folks,

I am starting a Star Hero game in a near space opera style with my current gaming gang. The game is set on a sort of frontier asteroid colony.

I am looking for published adventures that I can use in my game. I was wondering if there were any Traveller adventures that folks thought I could use?

Thanks!

John,

There's a lot out there. Do a google search for Traveller Adventure and you'll find a mint. Some of them need work, and some are masterpieces. But I think it wouldn't take you long to find something you'd be able to use.

Hope this helps,
Flynn

Originally posted by Flynn:
John,

There's a lot out there. Do a google search for Traveller Adventure and you'll find a mint. Some of them need work, and some are masterpieces. But I think it wouldn't take you long to find something you'd be able to use.

Hope this helps,
Flynn
Hi Flynn: Can you recommend any published adventures? Maybe some old stuff?

76 Patrons separates the encounters into 2-6 players, 5-12 players, 9 or more players, single players, and mercenary tickets. Lady in White Robes is good starting encounter - the basic Traveller Damsel in Distress Patron Encounter. What type of characters and how many are you going to have? That would narrow down your search a lot. Are they stranded on the asteroid? Are they low on money and have to pay for oxygen? Do they have a ship to go where they wish? Are they Scouts and explorer types? Are they Merchants and Rogues? Are they Mercs with bloodlust? A straight Traveller adventure isn't the best for a Space Opera type of game. You'd have to modify and streamline it to get it to where you want it, most likely. But there are some good ones. Or try a Patron Encounter - which is the basic outline of an event or series of events without the background material. You might also try the Alternity page on the Wizards website, or even Star Wars.

Hope that helps some,

Scout

Originally posted by JohnTaber:
Hi Traveller Folks,

I am starting a Star Hero game in a near space opera style with my current gaming gang. The game is set on a sort of frontier asteroid colony.

I am looking for published adventures that I can use in my game. I was wondering if there were any Traveller adventures that folks thought I could use?

Thanks!
Go to Warehouse23

There are the Classic Traveller Adventure reprints. The are the Double Adventure reprints.

There are also the Gamelords adventures available there.

Then there are the BITS adventures.

Lots of good stuff.

Go to browse from the main page and then doing a Find on the word Traveller.

Definitely recommend the Adventure and Double Adventure reprints as outstanding sources for classic adventures. Beyond that, the new Traveller Epic product line by QLI should prove to be a great resource, but it is still in its infancy.

Another excellent resource is the online JTAS magazine by SJGames. The membership is low, and there's lots and lots of good adventure scenarios to choose from there in the archives.

Hope this helps,
Flynn

Thanks guys! Lots of great ideas.

The campaign has not started yet but the PC will fall into the ownership of a down and out ship repair company on a frontier asteroid mining colony. From this locale I am hoping to run several adventures. Since the campaign has not started yet I'm not sure what the PC will look like...

I'll look for 76 Patrons. Is that an adventure or a web site? :}

Nice ideas gents! :D

I'll look for 76 Patrons. Is that an adventure or a web site?
It is a supplement full of adventure ideas done for Classic Traveller and now part of the Supplements reprint.

76 Patrons was one of the old LBB (Little Black Books) that's now in The Supplements reprints book. Maybe you can find it in your local store or on eBay or something. You can also find BITS 101 Patrons on the BITS website for ordering (I got mine at GenCon so I don't know the webpage). 101 Plots is a good one for making your own adventures, too. And then there's this page on the Wizards Star Wars site:

Lots Of Plots

Hope that helps, too,

Scout

Hi Gents: One more question...

Which of these do you think would be the best for me to get? Remember that I am looking for games that can be converted for my use...

+ Classic Adventures 1-13 FFE003
+ Short Adventures 1-6+ FFE004
+ The Suppliments FFE002

I think ALL of these are at Noble Knight Games right now... ;)

Hi Gents: One more question...

Which of these do you think would be the best for me to get? Remember that I am looking for games that can be converted for my use...

+ Classic Adventures 1-13 FFE003
+ Short Adventures 1-6+ FFE004
+ The Suppliments FFE002

I think ALL of these are at Noble Knight Games right now... ;)
IMHO and all that. Others will and probably should disagree.

Classic Adventures I have it on the advice of another old-timer is best.

Short Adventures are just that -- short and somewhat disjointed but a good close second.

Supplements -- 76 Patrons a section in that book is a great read for campaign ideas. I have literally an entire campaign in my head from ideas in that book with a good tie-in thread.

Problem is that if you are not into Traveller the rest might not be so important to you and the Patrons section is not the biggest part.

In short, get Classic Adventures and then the Short Adventures and unless you are just rolling in dough do not worry as a non-Traveller about the Supplements.

Back