• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Traveller 2007 Calendar

Traveller 2007 Calendar

• PDF - $10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I like standard size/format (pic on top, calendar on the bottom) because at the end of the I can remove the art work and frame them. You can't really do that with the huge two page calendars.

I voted PDF for one reason only, speed and ease of free delivery around the world, not because it was the cheapest. I'd pay as much as the $15 for the standard print version for it if it is good quality art. Standard format would be my second choice.

My BIG question is this: Is it going to have all the US holidays printed on it? That would tend to be a detraction to sales outside the US. Or will it be simply the dates?

Another point. It seems obvious to me but maybe no one has suggested it yet (I was going to when this idea was first floated) but have you considered doing it both Solomani and Imperial to make it even more Travelleresque? By which I mean simply including the sequential number of each day for the year in addition to the usual months of days? Just a thought.

Originally posted by Mark A. Siefert:
I like standard size/format (pic on top, calendar on the bottom) because at the end of the I can remove the art work and frame them. You can't really do that with the huge two page calendars.
Er, hadn't considered that. Can I change my vote (which I just put in) from Deluxe to Standard?

A few notes:

- those prices aren't carved in stone, but hopefully they won't change. They're about as low as we can get. Postage is extra.

- good point about the formats; looks like standard is best.

- the standard holidays are North American, Celestial, and Christian. We can add others.

BTW, I'd like to get as many different artists & styles in this as possible, so everybody please feel free to volunteer or make suggestions.

I would like to suggest Bryan Gibson's pen & ink drawings of Battledress equipped marines. He really defined battledress for me (even though I had first seen battledress looking that way with the Grenadier mini's boxed set.)

If some of the other Traveller artists of yore could be persuaded to contribute alongside the young turks so much the better (30th anniversary and all that). Rob Caswell, David Deitrick and Blair Reynolds spring to mind.

I'm voting for Standard, myself, as that's probably what I can convince the wife to let me spend for the Game Room calendar this year.

If you could add the lunar phases, too, I'd be greatly appreciative. I'll still buy it, either way, though.

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/MoonPhase.html#y2007

Thanks,
Flynn

Standard. And I vote for the Imperial and Solomani combo, with standard holidays from major cultures (Europe, North America, China, Japan - we don't need every Bavarian Catholic holiday listed... :rolleyes: ).

Originally posted by Fritz88:
Standard. And I vote for the Imperial and Solomani combo, with standard holidays from major cultures (Europe, North America, China, Japan - we don't need every Bavarian Catholic holiday listed... :rolleyes: ).
I don't think it's Catholic, but the Oktobierfest is sort of a Bavarian holiday. Don't want to forget that one. :D

Originally posted by Marvo:
I don't think it's Catholic, but the Oktobierfest is sort of a Bavarian holiday. Don't want to forget that one. :D
That would take up a quarter of the calendar, starting from about mid-September and petering out just in time for Christmas ... ;)

WOW! Someone else who leaves their tree and lights on until Jan 6th! I thought I was the only one who did that.

Most of the people in my neighborhood have their lights on for Thanksgiving (or sooner) and the day after Christmas, there are rows of old trees on the curb to be picked up ASAP.

The true meaning of the "12 Days of Christmas!"

Back