• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

TNE rulebook now available as DTRPG freebie

Yey!
Downloading it as a good source of inspiration (I prefer to stick to CT rules as I've heared that TNE has a different rule system).

This is the first time I've seen beyond the cover of this particular edition of Traveller and just from skimming through, I must say that it looks rather interesting. I'll have to study it further.

Crow

The scan quality is good, so far. Yowza! on that file size, though. It took quite a while to download - even over T1! :eek:

I still have my book, in fact, I pulled it out this weekend and re-read it as part of my return to the hobby.
I am still looking for the crate that has my LBBs and Striker box, although I found the box with all of my JTAS, supplements, and adventures.

I have the first couple of the TNE supplements, and FF&S, but I don't think I have Vampire Fleets. It's a very interesting setting, but I don't think it got a lot of attention, and I know we didn't play it much. That's about when computer games started to capture our time, and we pretty much stopped RPG'g altogether.

By the way, they have suspended the download temporarily, it was hammering their server evidently.

Weird. They didn't offer it the first time around (DRM version) due to the large file size and having to break it down to two files. I'd have thought they'd either break it down into two files this time and offer each one for free (like the DRM MT first two books were) or they'd have worked on the file size before offering it for free.

Woops. <shrugs> It'll be free whenever they work it out and unlike the DRM freebies should be for free for longer.

Greetings and salutations,

The link does not work. It takes me to the page, but I cannot get it for free or even buy it. There is no button for either option. :-(

Huh. From the DTRPG homepage:

----------
Due to the file size of this week's free product (a whopping 80 MB!), we will be temporarily disabling downloads of it until we can decrease the file size to a less bandwidth-intensive amount. We will have it available once again as soon as possible.
----------

Quite how they're going to manage that without making it unreadable, I'm not sure.

Greetings and salutations,

Yes. I was able to download Understanding Traveller: The New Era, but not the main rule book.

From the drivethru homepage:
Due to the file size of this week's free product (a whopping 80 MB!), we will be temporarily disabling downloads of it until we can decrease the file size to a less bandwidth-intensive amount. We will have it available once again as soon as possible.

BTW, the quality is good enough to print it in booklet form (2 pages per side of a sheet, double-sided) and read it. Unless, of course, you weren't fast enough to get it at all... :(
file_28.gif

Not fast enough?

I started trying a couple of hours after the message was posted that it was for free.

I would ask what else could go wrong...

Looks like DriveThruRGP reduced the quality of the scan to reduce the size of the file. It's still around 70MB though.

I just tried to download it (my 2nd hand copy had the psionics rules surgically removed) and the bloody thing cratered after I had nearly all of it downloaded. Now the file is damaged and Adobe cannot fix it.
file_28.gif

I'm thinking I may wait a couple of days and see if things improve before trying again.

*throws hands in the air*
I got it!
I finally got it!
*happy dance*
I got it!
*happy dance on some mother's grave*
:D

DTRPG did reduce the quality of the scan to reduce the size. But the scan still looks very good.

*horrid realization sets in*
Man, more reading...

Back