• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Tlasarao, my Aslan character's portrait

Maladominus

SOC-14 1K
It's amazing what happens when I finally have a nice-paying job, and can afford to hire a profesional-quality illustrator to draw up MY FAVORITE TRAVELLER CHARACTERS. =)

Tlasarao, ihatei of the Great Clan Tlerlearlyo. Hunter, adventurer, wanderlust, spoiled brat. And favorite nephew of the Tlerlearlyoko, he who is ruler of billions, and leader of the 20th most powerful clan of the Tlaukhu.

Tlasarao is currently an NPC in the Terra Incognita online campaign. Tho since I am the campaign GM, I tend to treat him like my personal character at times. If I had more money, I would personally commission character illustrations of ALL the player characters for anyone playing in my campaign. The artists that have done commissioned work for our campaign are incredibly talented!

Tlasarao is a Classic Traveller Aslan, per Alien Module 1. His favored weapons (shown) are an Aslan-styled laser carbine, and a traditional 'akhae' (the Aslan boomerang). Yes, I'm aware that the required laser energy pack is absent. Or maybe it's just hidden behind his back.

Last edited:
"The artists that have done commissioned work for our campaign are incredibly talented! "

If you say so, dude.

What I want to know is why you had commissioned work done for your campaign, but obviously it's your money.

The pic looks like it should belong on a trading card, btw.

It looks badass, but I suggest a divergent background, the color of the ASlan and desert are a little to close.

Commission? Heck... Let me know what you want, I'll do it for free.

Originally posted by Baron Saarthuran von Gushiddan:
It looks badass, but I suggest a divergent background, the color of the ASlan and desert are a little to close.

Commission? Heck... Let me know what you want, I'll do it for free.
Yeah, I didn't really focus on a detailed background, instead I asked the artist to focus on the character in the foreground.

All in all, I'm very pleased with her work, considering the fact that I paid a very reasonable price for the art commission, which also means I get to have the print of the original hi-resolution (300dpi) illustration.

This "web copy" that I posted is an inferior low-res image, and pales in comparison to the gorgeous detailed hi-res original illustration. No doubt I will frame that picture as one of my Traveller collectibles.

I would be delighted to have any of a number of my characters drawn up.

I wouldn't know who to ask, though!

Originally posted by Baron Saarthuran von Gushiddan:
Pen and ink? How you want them? I want to take a crack at the witchy yachtsmen for sure.
Pen and ink sounds good. You have my email, right? We can hash something out and then post it when finished.

PM sent - this thread has been hijacked for long enough.

Hopefully, Tlasarao finds his portrait to be quite suitable for one of his standing - it certainly is for me!

I reposted it to my own FTP site, tho I will end up taking it down again (and move it to a permanent web server in the future).

Last edited:
Back