• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Tiny rule clarifications and definition help please

Looked at the threads for the last 60 days and did not see the answers to these. I appologize in advance if I did not look hard enough.

Question 1: What exactly dose GK stand for? Are there real world words that go with this, or is it like the Navy's "Bravo Zulu" for a job well done with the meaning inherently understood?

Question 2: I am trying (unsuccessfully....) to design a robot. I have looked at the errata and it matches my book, so I think I have the most recent version.
My question is re: legs / DTU's. On the chart on page 239 it has them listed at 42vl each, yet the example on page 285 lists them at 2.814 vl. What am I missing please?

"GK" - as in "Signal GK", I presume - means "Gaashimeku Kalariin" (I shudder when I realise that I know this off the top of my head
). It's Vilani for "SOS" or "Mayday".

Dunno about question 2 though.

Legs don't need to come in whole lots.

42 vl of legs takes 1 EP and gives 15 thrust

4.2 vl of legs takes 1/10 EP and gives 1.5 thrust

0.42 vl of legs takes 1/100 EP and gives 0.15 thrust

So the 2.814 vl legs takes 0.067 EP and gives 1.005 thrust. (rounded to 1 thrust for sanity)

The legs description is not per leg as such, just that is how the propulsion ratios fit together for that propulsion system. Power has a minimum size, propulsion systems do not.

Answer to Question 1:

The Vilani expression "Gaashimeku Kalariin" (GK) literally means "vessel in distress".

-----------------------

Back