• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

The Twilight 2000 / 2300 AD "Great Game"

I once read that Game Designers Workshop created the "2300 AD" campaign universe by starting with the post-apocalyptic setting of "Twilight: 2000," and advancing it chronologically using a set of rules informally known as The Great Game. Does anyone have a copy of these rules, or know where one can be downloaded?

Originally posted by marginaleye:
I once read that Game Designers Workshop created the "2300 AD" campaign universe by starting with the post-apocalyptic setting of "Twilight: 2000," and advancing it chronologically using a set of rules informally known as The Great Game. Does anyone have a copy of these rules, or know where one can be downloaded?
What exists of them is here:

http://stalexone.tripod.com/2300gg2.htm

Bryn

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, however, I found the following message, at the very beginning of the HTML version of "The Game's" rules:

Warning: Don’t expect that you can actually play The Game using these rules. Instead, use them to understand the process that was used to produce the future that became 2300AD.

It looks like the site's maintainer was working on a revised version of the rules, but although they were supposed to be posted in "Summer 2000," I haven't found them.

Back