• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

The truth behind the fall of the Ancients

BluWolf

SOC-12
//Begin Transmission//
InterStellar News Service;

Recent revelations through scientifc investigation across multiple disciplines has revealed the most likely explanantion for the disappearance of the ancients and the current physical world in which we live.

The current work seems to indicate that the Ancients were not beings limited to the four dimesions as most known sentients.

They developed a version of nano-technology with self organising characteristics that seem to have exceeded initial design goals.

This nano-technology seems to be the entire force that we understand today as evolution, and is responsible for DNA, Viruses and all known protiens.

It is our contetion that this unforseen devlopment in all likelyhood is the sole reason for the end of the Ancients influence. Whether through elimnation of them or the ending of their ability to influece our 4 dimensions.

As a side note, the term "living" no longer applies and from henceforth be reffered to as self-organised expression.

//End Transmission//

Oooh. Nice Bluwolf! A little Transhumanism/Verner Vinge Singularity stuff going on there. I like it, might be useful in the present campaign I'm working on. You just gave my major villians a motivation! Thanks!

-S.
:cool:

Just me thinking out loud since I can't find anyone that actually plays this game.

In essence, our entire existance is an accidental by-product of an attempt at self-organising nano-technology.

No one in the universe is different. They are all finite expressions of a single process.

Everything is just window dressing.

Flarping mulfrapnicent.
file_22.gif

Another possibility, from another source that I can't recall at the moment:

Grandfather and co. did alot of genetic altering. They altered the Vargr.
They messed with the Aslan. They spread Humaniti all over the place.

They also decided to create the Hivers. Why they did that, no one knows.
But they made great thinkers. And manipulators.

The Hivers were really good at manipulating. They got so good that they
eventually were able to manipulate their creators. One day, Grandfather
discovered this, and decided to put a stop to it. This was the Final War.

A few Hivers know about this history, and are spending a great deal of
time trying to find out what happened to Grandfather...

My opinion is that the Ancients were dabbling in time travel. Unfortunately, when you have over 400 time travellers tweaking things to suit themselves, the fabric of space and time starts to get a bit "odd".

Yaskoydray realised this, and took steps to make sure that he was the only time traveller.

For extra weirdness, perhaps the official story of the origin of the Kiddies is wrong, and they are actually manifestations of Yaskodray himself, from different points in time.

In this case, their existence is paradoxical, and "the original" Yaskoydray had to eliminate them to repair the damage he had unintentionally done.

Alan

Originally posted by Liam Devlin:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Frank Lee Scarlett:
Flarping mulfrapnicent.
file_22.gif
------------------------------------------------
ABsodamntively Positlution!
</font>[/QUOTE]What? It's a perfectly cromulent word! :D

Originally posted by alanb:
For extra weirdness, perhaps the official story of the origin of the Kiddies is wrong, and they are actually manifestations of Yaskodray himself, from different points in time.
Thank you Alan... yet another hook I'm stealing from these boards.

thom

Originally posted by Valerian:
Originally posted by alanb:
[qb]For extra weirdness, perhaps the official story of the origin of the Kiddies is wrong, and they are actually manifestations of Yaskodray himself, from different points in time.
Thank you Alan... yet another hook I'm stealing from these boards.

Yeah, me too. I always wanted a GOOD reason for some Hivers to show up in the Marches. Regardless of the truth of the time-travelling plot, no wannebe Manipulator could resist the rumour. :D

Originally posted by Moxie:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Frank Lee Scarlett:
Flarping mulfrapnicent.
file_22.gif
------------------------------------------------
ABsodamntively Positlution!</font>[/QUOTE]What? It's a perfectly cromulent word! :D
[/QUOTE]Posilutely Magnorpulent of you to disagree!

Originally posted by Moxie:
Thank you Liam Devlin, "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."
file_21.gif

Back