• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

The Other Major Races

phyle

SOC-2
Will the Droyne, Hivers and K'Kree be developed into options for Player Characters?

Just got the book yesterday and I'm bowled over :D

Originally posted by phyle:
Will the Droyne, Hivers and K'Kree be developed into options for Player Characters?

You might see some further data on these races in the upcoming Gateway Domain Campaign book (shooting for late Dec/early Jan). This won't be a ton of information but if you really want to play them the info will likely be there (this may change however). The problem with these races is they are quite a bit more 'alien' than the others and thus might require a bit more background to be played well.

Hunter

[/QUOTE]You might see some further data on these races in the upcoming Gateway Domain Campaign book (shooting for late Dec/early Jan). This won't be a ton of information but if you really want to play them the info will likely be there (this may change however). The problem with these races is they are quite a bit more 'alien' than the others and thus might require a bit more background to be played well.

Hunter[/QB][/QUOTE]

This is the old elf problem..no one really plays elves as elves (at least that I've gamed with), they play them as humans with pointy ears. It is true that many people don't play the aliens right, but it is my humble opinion that for completeness sake, at least the Droyne and Hivers should be able to be played. This would then allow the book to used for a T20 1106 Spinward Marches setting or even a 1201+ New Era game if someone desired to do so. It already can, of course, but it would just make the beleagured GM's life a bit easier
It's up to the GM's out there to try to get people to play the aliens right.

Allen

Originally posted by hunter:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by phyle:

You might see some further data on these races in the upcoming Gateway Domain Campaign book (shooting for late Dec/early Jan). This won't be a ton of information but if you really want to play them the info will likely be there (this may change however). The problem with these races is they are quite a bit more 'alien' than the others and thus might require a bit more background to be played well.

Hunter
</font>[/QUOTE]Thanks for the reply Hunter!

If the info on the other Major Races isn't in the Gateway domain book, could we possible see it in a web-based expansion?

thanks! and great job on the book!

Phyle

Back